Short Story #24

I leaned against his chest trying to stay warm from the chilly wind. "You cold?" Jeremy asked chuckling under his breath. All I could do was nod. My teeth were chattering and I felt him tighten his arms around me. I watched the glowing fire as the smoke rose into the sky. "I'll be right back." Jeremy mumbled. He ran over towards the tents and I turned back around. I couldn't help but smile. Although it was freezing I couldn't get over how sweet Jeremy was. I heard footsteps behind me. It was Jeremy and he had a blanket in his arms. He sat on the log beside me and wrapped the blanket around both of us. "Thanks Jer."  I said leaning my head on his shoulder. "Do you know when my dad's getting back?" He asked quietly. I shook my head. "No. Why?" I asked. He looked over his shoulder and leaned in to kiss me. It was a sweet and gentle kiss. I closed my eyes softly and I grinned into his lips. I heard someone clear there throat behind us. I shot back my face blushing and Jeremy didn't turn around. The both of us just stared into the fire.  My dad tossed some sticks into the fire but walked away. I blushed and looked down at our hands that barely brushed. I looked up into his eyes and blushed again looking back into the warm fire.