Short Story #27

I pressed my forehead against the cold window pane and listened to the practically silent rain hit the train window. Each rain drop fell quickly down the window and was replaced by another. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but the sound of the train chugging along was enough to keep me from sleeping. I grumbled and tried to fall back asleep but I just couldn't do it. I was scared to see Jeremy. I hadn't seen him in 2 months since we fought. The day I was leaving we got into an argument over something silly. But I felt guilty I couldn't tell him sorry. The night before he had promised to meet me at the train station. I couldn't help but hope he kept that promise. The speakers crackled before saying, "We'll be arriving in 5 minutes." I got my bags together and waited until the train came to a stop. I could see the blurry building through the foggy window. I picked up my luggage as I walked off the train.  I squinted in the rain to look for Jeremy.  There was a man waiting with an umbrella farther away from the train. I ran over to him to ask if I could stand under the umbrella for a while but as I got closer he looked familiar. "Jeremy..." I mumbled in disbelief. He smiled awkwardly.  I dropped my luggage and ran into him.  The umbrella was shielding us from the rain but it was still chilly. But no matter how much wind and rain I felt warm in his embrace. "I missed you so much." He said choking up. "I'm so sorry." I said beginning to cry. "Don't be. I'll always love you." He said reassuringly kissing my cheek. I blushed at his sweet words. "I'll always love you too." I said taking in his sweet scent. I missed every little thing about him.. although I will miss him again, I don't think I'll ever loose him.