Ivy { Ashes pt2 }

Jace froze. His head began spinning while black dots blocked his vision. He vaguely heard his name called from somewhere but he was too far from consciousness to reply. Jace, slipping into another world, allowed his head to smash to the ground with a crack. His eyes snapped shut.

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

IZZY POV

"Alec! Look at Jace!" I screamed. He tore his eyes from the building and squinted across the courtyard. Jace's head was bleeding and he was fading into unconsciousness.

"JACE." He shouted, waiting impatiently for an answer. Instead, Jace fell down the stairs, and passed out.

"I knew something like this would happen!" I huffed. We both rushed over to our brother. I picked his head up to reveal a large gash going down the side. His golden eyes were shut and his pulse was faint. Great!

"Call Magnus. Simon, get over here and help me carry him to a church. We need weapons." I commanded. Simon skidded towards me and Alec stepped away, tapping furiously at his phone. We grunted and carried my brother.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

  A loud thud echoed through the empty pews, ending at the alter. Dim candles burned, dripping hot wax down the walls. Simon and I struggled with Jaces body. Alec was hurriedly following, murmuring into his phone.
Jaces golden hair was dyed with blood and the back of his shirt was soiled.

  We finally reached the alter, and let Jace down with a grunt. That boy was heavy. I stood up straight and cracked my knuckles.

  "Magnus will be here in a minute." He finally hung up and stated. His voice rang in the large dome. I nodded and took a step back. Simon wiped his glasses on his shirt and then re-adjusted them on his face. He was adorable. 

  "Izzy!" A voice called me out of my thoughts. I looked back at Simon and nodded. He began," Alec told us to get weapo-wait, what's wrong?" He finished, changing the subject midway. I sighed.

  "Well, my brother may be in a coma and my best friend was kidnapped." I bluntly said. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I breathed in his sent; fresh laundry and peppermint. I've gotten used to it and it's begun smelling comforting.

"I love you,"I mumbled against his chest. He smiled and replied," I love you too."

"Guess what I love, weapons! Now get some!" Alec yelled in mock-frustration and sarcasm. Simon and I broke apart. I half whispered but made sure it was loud enough for Alec to hear," He's just jealous because Magnus isn't here." Simon chuckled and started looking for the loose flooring. Alec scoffed and yelled back," am not!" I giggled and joined Simon in looking.

"Found it!" I shouted, loudly. Just as I removed the tile, glitter shot everywhere. In the middle of it all, stood a certain warlock.

"Alexander!" He exclaimed and snapped his fingers. The glitter explosion disappeared. Alec smiled brightly and his blue eyes lit up.

"Hey Magnus!" He said, also walking towards the middle of the room.

Magnus portals next to Alec and whispered," I've missed you love," Alec blushed crimson and replied," I guess I should say love you too!"I could hear because of my Shadowhunter hearing rune. Magnus smiled and It became my cue.