Chap 6- Just a Rebound

SORRY **WARNING** SOME LANGUAGE IN THIS SECTION BECAUSE THINGS GET REAL!!

JACE POV

I landed hard on my chest as dirt sprayed everywhere. My hands burned like hell and my whole chest ached. I struggled to my feet, but slowly I regained composure. My eyes started to  adjust and when they did, I knew where to go.

  I'm at the same spot where I died, the Institutes garden.

  I ran faster than humanly possible, dodging branches and bushes. I may of stepped on a cat. Whoops.

  I discarded my weird and random thought as the Institutes stained-glass windows came into view.

  It's time to go home. Home to my Clary.

  My feet echoed on the vacant concrete path. I breathed heavily, rounding a corner.

  The entrance welcomed me in warmly. Familiar smells and sights flooded my senses.

  I tore a trail up the steps and busted the door open. My feet thundered down the isle of the church. I flung the other set of doors open, reveling the entrance to the Institute.

  I breathed in the old scent of home as I skimmed the shelves for recent pictures. Isabelle and the bloodsucker were holding hands on the steps of Carnegie Hall. Alec and Magnus were kissing at midnight on New Years. Clary hugged that random guy outside of her old room.

  I shook my head and gently put the pictures down. This isn't what I'm here for.

  I almost turned away to go upstairs and find Clary, when a certain picture caught my eye.

  Clary was with that guy outside of an apartment building holding a key. There was Clary's neat handwriting on the frame. A14C, Alead Lane.

Did she--move in with him?

A jolt of betrayal pinged through my body. How could she do this to me this soon. I haven't been gone for that long! Other sad and unwanted thoughts bombarded my mind while their address burned into my brain.

A14C, Alead Lane.

________________________

I dashed down the streets. I knew exactly where the house was, not in a creepy way. When I used to patrol at night with Alec and Izzy, we'd always pass this one apartment complex. It was Alead Lane Luxury Lofts. For some reason, I always found myself staring at the buildings, imagining what kind of people lived there and how big the rooms were. Sometimes I saw myself living there. It's silly and stupid, I know, but I hate the fact that Clary had to live there with that guy. Out of every livable space in this damn city, she chooses the one I always wanted to see and experience. Well, fuck them.

  I skidded to apartment 14C, knocking furiously at the door.

No answer.

I knocked again, harder.

No answer.

My very little patience disappeared at I twisted the doorknob. Screw manners.

  With each step I took, my breathing evened out and everything became in slow motion. The apartment was okay, not as neat as I would of made it, but okay. I looked at the decorations on the dining room table and the pillow designs on the couch. There was a small art room in the corner. Definitely Clary.

"Can I help you, Jace." A venomous voice spat.

  "Yes actually. Can you tell me what the fuck you are doing with my fiancé?"  I shot back. Now that I see this guy in real life I know how easy winning a fight against him will be. He's a freaking string bean.

  "You mean my fiancé?" He asked me. My chest physically throbbed at his comment. She agreed to marry this son of a bitch after me?

"I don't think so." I strongly said, hiding my staggering pain.

He snarled at me, whipping his fist near my head. I dodged it. He then kicked out his left leg, striking my chest. I stumbled a step back. He tried to kick my chest again, but I grabbed his foot mid-kick and sent his sprawling into the counter. He growled. This 'tough' asshole growled like a helpless house cat. I had to try and hide my laugh, but I kinda failed. His eyes went ablaze with anger as he leaped for me. I knocked his jaw back with a jab. His lip immediately cracked open and blood poured onto the white tile floor.

He spat some blood at my feet, rude.

I shot my foot at his lung-area, creating a sensation of choking sounds from him. I smirked and then finally took him down.

"Never go by my fiancé again." I warned in a dangerous tone. He scoffed and replied," my fiancé."

And that was what made me snap.

I whipped out my seraph blade and held it against his throat.

"SHUT UP. SHUT THE HELL UP NOW. SHE WAS AND STILL IS MY FIANCÉ! SHE ONLY WENT TO YOU BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T HAVE ME ANYMORE. YOU ARE JUST A FUCKING REBOUND." I screamed. He paled and shrunk as far into the ground as he could.

"Any last words?" I questioned him, sarcasm dripping from every word.

Then a door opened and light footsteps echoed in the foyer.

"That's Clary. If I were you, I'd run. She'd hate you if she saw you killing me, her new love." He whispered. His voice sounds..familiar?

I looked from his face to the foyer where the footsteps were getting closer, back to this guy I have at knife point.

His face twisted and darkened into someone who haunted me for a while.

"This isn't the end, Sebastian." I spat and right as the footsteps reached the kitchen, I was out the window.