Epilogue

A slow and romantic song started playing. Everyone stood up from their seats, including me. I turned my head to the main door and saw the bride in a beautiful white wedding dress, a veil covering her face.

She was standing beside her father, their arms hooked. The wedding coordinator signalled for them to walk, and so they did. They walked slowly, taking time with every step.

My eyes followed as they walked past by where I was standing. They continued walking straight to the altar, heading towards the waiting groom.

"Hey." I looked away from the picturesque water fountain from a far and turned my eyes to the owner of the voice. It was Henry. He cocked a brow at me. "You okay?"

Hindi ako sumagot sa kanya at nag-iwas na lang ng tingin. Ibinalik ko ang mga mata sa water fountain. Kumuyom ang panga ko. Naramdaman ko ang pag-upo ni Henry sa tabi ko. Hindi ko siya pinansin.

"Maman's worried. She said you've been out of it since your graduation." he said. I still didn't say anything. "Is this about the girl from last time? Savion, right?"

Napabuntong hininga ako. Nanatili sa fountain ang mga mata ko. "We broke up... and now I won't be able to watch over her anymore. Graduate na kami pareho. We won't be in the same campus."

Tumawa nang malakas si Henry. Nalukot ang mukha ko at iritadong nilingon siya.

"What?" I spat.

"That's it? That's your problem?" iniling niya ang kanyang ulo at ngumiti nang malaki sa akin. "Brother, there are far more important things than your love life."

"Have you ever been in love before?" I asked him.

"No." he chuckled.

"Then I feel sorry for you." ismid ko at ibinalik ko ang tingin sa harapan.

Matagal na natahimik si Henry bago muling nagsalita. "Why don't you win her back, then?"

I wish winning her back is easy. I wish I had the guts to try and apologize, but how she pushed me away the last time I did still stings. I don't know what I'd do if she rejects me again. I don't think I can take it.

"I can't yet." nanghihinang umiling ako. "Galit siya sa akin. I need to give her time to heal. To get over what I did."

I need her anger to simmer down. I need her to forgive me for hiding the truth from her. Kapag handa na ulit akong harapin siya... Kapag nawala na ang galit niya ay tsaka ko ulit ipapaliwanag na natakot lang ako na mawala siya sa akin. Na iyon ang dahilan kung bakit hindi ko agad sinabi na nalaman ko ang plano ni Senna. Na set-up lang pala ng sariling pinsan ko ang lahat.

And... And if she still doesn't forgive me, I will grovel. I'll beg. I'll drop on my knees for the second time and plead her to take me back. To give me another chance. Because fuck... This distance is killing me.

"Maybe you should just move on. Baka hindi kayo ang para sa isa't isa? I mean, from the very beginning, you just inserted and forced yourself in her life. Maybe it's destiny or whatever shit it's called's way to righting a wrong."

Fuck destiny. If we're not meant to be, then I'll find a way to make sure she'll end up with me. If fate wants us apart, I'll give it my middle finger and do whatever it takes for us to be together. Maybe I'm not destined to be with her, maybe I'm destined to do everything to be with her.

Ikinuyom ko lang ang kamao ko. Narinig ko ang pag hinga niya nang malalim. Tumingin ako sa kanya. A concrete and absolute plan slowly formed in my mind.

I gripped on my brother's arm. Henry's looking at me with creased forehead when I turned my head to his direction.

"I need your help." I said, gravely looking at him.