Chapter Sixteen

It was the end of my first week of school and I couldn't be happier. Knowing that I now can have more naps over the weekend, makes me feel even happier. I haven't really been sleeping much lately, I didn't know whether it's just myself not used to the early mornings or I was excited for tomorrow.

Either way, I felt pretty much dead.

"Here's your lunch money, have fun!" Demi kissed my forehead goodbye.

I made my way over to the bus stop a couple of blocks away, I shoved my money in my pocket and swung my backpack on my back. I've been starting to take the bus now, the girls showed me how and that. I guess it's easier.

It wasn't long until the big yellow school bus came trotting by. I stepped inside, smiling at the driver and made my way near the back where Lizzy and the girls were.

"Pineapple should be a topping on pizza," Lisa argued.

"No, it shouldn't," Aimee stated.

"Yes, it should," Lizzy replied.

"Ah Sab, you tell me." Lisa looked at me. "Should pineapple be a topping on pizza?"

I laughed at the debate they were having. I shook my head and told them that it shouldn't. I got a lot of playfully dirty looks and rolled eyes.

I smiled and looked out of the window, the girls were still debating amongst themselves behind me. I felt a gentle poke on my arm, looking to my side I found a smiling Mia.

"Why hello there." I smiled.

"Hi." Her angelic voice spoke.

I couldn't help but grin so much, her smile and voice were so adorable. I'm so jealous.

"Is the cinema date still happening tomorrow?" I asked.

"Hmm, if you still want it to be." She grinned.

"Of course I do." I chuckled.

The whole day was just a blur, gaining several homework from different subjects. I made my way out of the gate and towards the school bus where other students were queuing up. Once it was filled, the bus made its way out.

The bus only took 10 mins to approach the bus stop near my house. I waved goodbye to the girls and thanked the driver before heading out and making my way towards home.

I walked into the smell of roast being cooked, at first I was confused because there was no way Demi can cook something like that but when I reached the kitchen I found a ginger hair lady stood by the stove, stirring- what seems to be the vegetables- with her back to me.

"Hi." I shyly spoke.

The lady jumped at the sound of my voice and turned around to face me.

"Oh hello there, darling." She smiled.

That's when I realised it was Dianna.

"Hey baby girl, how was school?" Demi came in and hugged me from the side.

"Exhausting of course." I chuckled.

"I see you've met my mum." I nodded.

"I thought it'll be nice for my family to see you, Maddie is upstairs, Dallas has gone to the shop and Eddie is in the lounge watching football." She smiled.