Epliogue

"All rise." Everyone obeyed the judge. "Before I proceed further information, if there is anyone in this courtroom who wishes that Miss Lovato shall not have full custody of Amelia Louise Hepworth, please object."

I leaned over to Mia who was by my side, "I'm still shocked that your name is actually Amelia."

She rolled her eyes, "Never speak of it, okay?"

"Okay." I chuckled.

"Great. I can now officially confirm that Miss Demetria Lovato will have the full custody over Amelia Louise Hepworth. Case dismissed." The judged banged his gavel.

Everyone in the audience cheered for Demi. I was so happy Mia is now permanently staying with us.

"Thank you so much, Demi." Mia hugged her tight.

"No problem, sweetie." She kissed her forehead. "For our celebration, who wants ice cream?" She looked at both of us.

"Me!" Me and Mia said in unison.

"Great, Let's goooo." Demi giggled and rushed to her car.

We all got in and drove all the way to the ice cream parlour that was located nearby. Once we arrived, we made our way inside. Obviously in disguise.

"What ice cream flavour would you girls like?"

"Vanilla." We both say in unison, once again.

Demi chuckled at us and ordered the ice creams while I and Mia seated ourselves at the far end of the diner.

"What a good way to start the year." Mia grinned.

"I know right, I mean I knew Demi would let you stay but I didn't expect her to ask for full custody."

"Yeah, same."

"Well, I hope you won't mind spending 24/7 with me now." I laughed.

"Trust me, I'm looking more forward to it than anything." She winked.

"Fair enough." I blushed and giggled.

"Here's your ice creams and shakes." Demi came by with the items.

"Thank you." I and Mia say.

"No problem, guys." She smiled. "How about when we get back home, we all watch a movie, how does that sound?" She insisted.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I informed.

"Great." 

Once we had all finished our meals, Demi left a tip on the table before walking out to the car. I decided that Mia could choose the film once we got back. Since she has good taste in them, I would be happy with whatever she chooses.

"Frozen?"

I take that back, I wouldn't be happy with whatever she chooses.

"Fuck yes," Demi screamed.

I just shrugged my shoulders, I can't be bothered to voice my opinion at the moment. She put the CD in and came and jumped on the couch that was filled with blankets.

"What a great way to end the day." Mia smiled, snuggling into me.

"Yeah." I snuggled into Demi.

It was at this moment that I had finally come to the conclusion that maybe my life does get better and I can actually genuinely be happy. I loved my new family more than anything. Yes, I miss my biological ones and love them dearly but I can't keep living in the past. It's time to move forward.

Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.