Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Sabrina! The tickets have come!" I heard Demi shout up.

I shot up from my position on my bed and ran downstairs to Demi. She handed me the two tickets.

"Thank god! Would you mind dropping them off to her?" I asked.

"Of course, I mean I was going to do that anyways." She laughed.

I squealed in happiness before grabbing my shoes and heading out the door to Demi's car.

"Here's her address." I handed the paper to Demi as we made our way out of the street.

"Oh, she doesn't live far from us."

"I know but I've never been, she always avoids my questions when I ask if we can ever go to hers or something. I never know why." I frown.

In a matter of minutes, we arrived outside Mia's house. Not going to lie, it wasn't what I expected. The front was quite messy, a few junks around the grass. The curtains looked yellow and ripped. And the house itself looked very old considering the paint was chipped around.

"Oh."

"Want me to drop them off?" Demi looked at me.

"No, it's okay."

I made my way out the car and to the door, obviously slowly so I could look around. Also not wanting to step on trash. Once I reached the door, I knocked on it. Only to be slowly opened where I could see parts of Mia's face. Once she recognised who I was she quickly stood in front of me and shut the door.

"What you doing here?" She whispered in panic.

"Er... Uh... I wanted to drop your Christmas present off?" I said but it came out more of a question.

"You didn't have to." I handed her the gift.

"But I wanted to."

"Thanks, erm.. you should go."

"Why? Aren't you going to open it?" I looked at her.

"Erm.. oh o-of cours-"

"MIA WHO IS AT THE FUCKING DOOR?!" I heard a masculine voice as the door opened.

She gulped, "Er... I-I'll open it later?" She whispered.

"Oh hello, darling, who may you be?" The man licked his lips. 

I shivered instantly. He was very unclean and dirty. He looked like he hadn't had a bath for years. Not only that, but he also smelled like alcohol.

"Er... Er... S-Sabrina.." I stepped back slowly every now and then.

"Where do you think you're going? I'm sure you've come for a treat?" He grinned widely.

I looked at Mia who carried a scared and panic expression. I didn't know what was going on. I quickly turned to Demi to signal for her help but was dragged away from the position I was in.

"Let her go, Dad!" Mia tried to pry his hands off me.

Within that moment, Demi - whom I'm so thankful for - immediately got out of the car and ran to me.

"GET THE FUCK OFF MY DAUGHTER!" She also tried to pry his large hands off me.

It was like a tug of war. I was being pulled both ways. I can tell you that it wasn't very pleasant.

"I WILL CALL THE POLICE, GET OFF HER."

"How about the both of you come in, the more the better." I gagged at the sound of his voice.

"You sick bastard!" Demi spat.

She finally took over on the tug of war and won me. She dragged me to the car and pushed me into the passenger's seat. Throughout this, I was looking at Mia who was crying and mouthing 'Im sorry' repeatedly. I was so scared. What the hell just happened.

Demi quickly got into the car and went to make her way out but I instantly stopped her.

"Demi we can't leave Mia!"

She stopped her car and looked over at me. "Yeah, you're right! I can't imagine what that sick bastard does to her. The poor girl." She fished out her phone and dial a number.

"Hello?... I would like to report-"

I knew who she was calling, so I ended up zoning out. Thousands of questions swam around in my head. This was too much for me.

But I did come to the conclusion that this is the reason why Mia always avoided the questions I would ask her about her house.

It makes sense.

"..alright thank you so much. Yeah.. okay. Bye." Demi hanged up the phone. "Police are on their way." She smiled.

I sighed in relief. Thank god.

Not long after I heard the so familiar noise and light surrounding around Mia's house.  I got out the car which did cause Demi to shout at me but I didn't care. My best friend was in danger right now, I needed to be there for her.

"This is the police, open up or we'll have to force entry!"

Silence.

"I ask once more, open up!"

Silence.

Within that second, the door was slammed down and all of the police ran inside. It wasn't long until the dad was dragged out of the house and shoved into the car.

"You are now under arrest on suspicion of bodily harm of a minor and yet more to come. You do not have to say anything, yet it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

I noticed Mia being pushed out gently by paramedics so I immediately ran to her side, obviously with Demi on my trial.

"Mia..." she looked at with so much pain and guilt in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry you had to witness that, Sab. I never meant for that to happen to you. I'm so sorry." She sobbed.

I quickly pulled her into a hug before she was ushered into the ambulance truck. "It's not your fault. None of this is." She didn't reply to my comment due to the paramedics shutting the door.

I felt an arm around my shoulder as the truck sped away. I looked up at Demi and sighed.

"We can go to the hospital if you want?"

"Please." She nodded.

We both made our way to the car. Once in, Demi sped out of the street and to the hospital.