Chapter Seven

Demi's P.O.V

"International pop star, Demi Lovato, has been seen around town with a young girl. The paparazzi spotted them at Forever 21 yesterday at 3:35 pm. People are questioning who this girl is..."

I turned the TV off, knowing this is going to be difficult. The media are already asking who this girl is, and to be honest, I don't know if I could explain it good enough.

I got up to get a cold drink, thinking back at the news. I knew at some point I'm gonna have to explain, either in an interview or twitcam.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. I looked at the caller ID and saw my manager Phil, I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Demi, have you seen the news?"

"Yes, what am I gonna say, Phil?"

"We'll think of something." Phil encouraged.

"What about a twitcam, that would get some questions in?"

"Yes, that sounds great. I'll then book you to see Ellen and you could explain more on there."

"Okay, that sounds good. Thank you!"

"No problem, just be careful Demi."

"I will do."

"Great! I'll let you know when I've booked it."

"Okay bye."

"Bye."

I hung up, sighing to myself. Twitcam it is then. I called Sabrina before getting the laptop ready.

"Yeah?"

"I'm doing a twit cam, people are questioning you already. So I think it's better to explain and then go on Ellen." I said.

"Oh right okay." She replied nervously.

"Hey, it's okay. It would be quick. Just sit there then I'll call you in." I soothed.

She nodded.

I set up the twitcam and turned my camera on. I waved to my Lovatics as millions of questions appeared on the screen.

"Hello my Lovatics, I decided to come on this to explain why a young girl has been with me to places. You see, since I'm going on the unbroken tour soon, I thought it would be a good idea to bring a company with me. So I asked my manager Phil if I could adopt a girl. And I did. Her names Sabrina. I'm gonna bring her in now. Please be nice to her." I said.

I gestured Sabrina with my finger as I smiled at the excitement from my Lovatics. Sabrina looks into the camera and waved. Loads of positive tweets came flying in seconds later.

@brownvatolovato awh she's so cute!

@askdfglovato if your happy I'm happy

@Camrenvatoasss THAT'S SO BEAUTIFUL DEMI!!

@Lovatic4life my mom has a new daughter?

I laughed at my Lovatics and their positive comments. It was really nice to see them share the love.

But some caught my eye, and let's just say, they weren't very positive at all.

@Askarianaa Ew, why pick her she's ugly

@5secondsofmyass she looks like a whale.

@5sosdirectioner fat

I notice shuffling and a door slam. Looking to my side I saw that Sabrina was gone. I immediately looked at the camera.

"I know my Lovatics wouldn't have committed such a thing, but if you think sending hate to people is acceptable then I'm sorry but I'm disgusted in you all." I shook my head.

I turned off the twitcam and shut my laptop lid down, signing I made my way upstairs into Sabrina's room. I had finally made it all up, just needs to be painted.

"Sabrina? Baby?" I called.

"What?" She sniffled.

"Unlock the door please."

I heard more sniffing, then movements towards the door. She jiggled a bit with the lock and unlocked it as she finished.

I notice her sleeves were wet and snotty as if she has been wiping her nose with her sleeve, and her eyes now red and buffed. My heart broke.

"Aw, baby." I frowned.

I gently picked her up and laid her down on her bed. I pulled the covers up and pushed a trail of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"Sab, don't listen to the haters, they are nothing and what they say isn't true. Please don't remain it in your head. It's not healthy."

She sniffled a little more before cuddling into me.

"Do y-you think they are true?" She sniffled.

"What? No of course not! You are so beautiful, Sab." I soothed

It made her smile a bit but frowned when she looked back up at me.

"But..b-but why are they so mean then?" She cried.

"Because they are mean people who locate themselves behind a computer putting everyone else down due to low self-esteem. It makes them feel better." I stated.

There was a long paused before Sabrina spoke up.

"Y-you said we are going on E-Ellen, what if she don't like me?" She sniffed again.

"No baby, she will love you. Just like I do." I smiled down at her.

We sat in silence for a while, nothing to say. I coughed quietly before turning back to Sabrina.

"Maybe you should get some sleep, it's been a long day. Let's get stuff off your chest." I said playing with her hair.

"Okay."

She snuggled into me, yawning wide to show she was actually tired. In a matter of seconds, I heard little snores coming from Sabrina. I carried on playing with her hair.

"I love you baby girl, so much. Don't ever let anyone bring you down, you're worth more than anything. Remember that." I mumbled while kissing her forehead.