Prologue

I used to be an average girl, with a normal life.

Used to.

Boy, how that's changed.

My name? Lacey Collins, I'm 18 years of age and just graduated the hell hole that is High School. I live alone in my own flat.

You may be asking why I live alone. Family? Ha my parents couldn't give 2 shits about me and I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about them, I was an only child, and we never really had the best relationship as a family. They just didn't seem to respect me so I thought it was only fair I didn't respect them.

Friends maybe? Good joke, in High School I wasn't the, most 'popular' person you might say. I was the sassy, smart ass that no one really liked, except for one. Her name was Hayley Maddems, she was the only person that could actually put up with my shit, but one day she just decided to leave me to join the 'popular' crowd. Don't ask me why because I had no clue, and to be honest I really didn't care. I was used to it.

By now you're probably thinking that since I was such a smart ass and called it a hell hole I didn't do well in school. That's where you would be wrong. I was probably one of only a few people that actually cared about my grades. This is another reason why I didn't have any friends. No one wanted to be friends with the school 'nerd'. I topped every single class I took except for Gym, only because I had lots of Jocks in my class.

I was the person that walked the halls with people walking past me, not noticing if I was even there, sometimes 'accidentally' barging my shoulders saying the common excuse "Oh, sorry I didn't see you there." I wouldn't blame them for not noticing me though, my best was average looking. Not super skinny and definitely not model material. I wasn't picked on, people just didn't take any interest in me.

So it surprised me when a man came and gave me the attention that I wasn't expecting.

My life changed drastically over that one night. One night where I made the stupid mistake of taking the short route home after work.

One night where I got lured to a man that I didn't even know.