Chapter 12

(Lacey's PoV)

The next day didn't go by as smoothly as I had imagined, I thought I would wake up, feeling stronger, awake and overall just better. But of course being a part of the supernatural came with many surprises and blows to the face. I didn't feel any of that, in fact I felt almost the same as the day before, if not slightly worse.

I woke up late morning, which was quite unusual for me, I was always an early riser, didn't sleep in as much as normal teenagers did. The space next to me was abandoned, I expected Louis to be down stairs watching TV or something. My bones felt weak and my head was lightly spinning. My throat had gained the sore itchy feeling again and I still felt exhausted.

I tried sitting up, but again it was a struggle. I gripped the bedside table pulling my body up, resting on the backboard. The door creaked open, allowing a figure to walk inside, I could tell it was Louis, but my vision wasn't very clear. Everything was slightly blurry.

As he walked closer it was starting to get clearer, he had another blood bag and a bowl in his hand.

"Here some cereal love." He said handing me the small bowl.

"Thank you." I croaked out, voice hoarse.

He leaned down tucking a loose strand behind my ear, kissing me softly on the temple.

"How did you know I was awake?" I asked.

He took a seat beside my body on the edge of the bed watching me as I carefully lifted the spoon of Coco pops to my mouth.

"I was reading your thoughts as you slept, your dream was coming to an end, so I went down stairs to get something for you to eat."

I nodded, chewing on the cereal letting the chocolate taste savor through my mouth, but it wasn't as satisfying as I remembered.

It was nice, just not as nice as it used to be when I was human. I didn't really feel like eating much, craving something else. Something more satisfying, I wanted blood.

I took a glance over to the bedside table, seeing the bag sitting there. I felt my tongue dart out across my lips in hunger.

Louis must've seen my glance as he lifted his hand to my cheek resting it there as he shifted my gaze towards his eyes.

"You have to eat, it will help. I know you feel like drinking right now, but you have to eat first. Trust me love. I know you don't like eating as much as you use to, I can hear your thoughts. Just- you have to." He said faintly.

I nodded, understanding his point. I would do anything to get better. I hated feeling helpless and relying on Louis to do everything for me. I felt somewhat like a child, not being able to do things without help. I had spent almost all of my life being independent, I didn't want to stop now.

I finished the cereal, Louis still watching me. My throat hurt vaguely, and my limbs were still sore. I handed him my bowl as he placed it on the other side of the table.

"Good girl." He mumbled, kissing my forehead.

He reached over, grabbing the bag and brought it to my mouth. My fangs came out in hunger sinking them down into the bag. Blood flowed through my mouth, the taste finally satisfying my needs.

I finished the bag in seconds looking over to Louis, seeing that he was perfectly calm whilst watching me drink.

"How do you do it?" I asked him.

"Do what?"

"How do you watch me drink without getting a desire to snatch it out of my hands and drink it for yourself?"