Chapter 11

(Lacey's PoV)

Louis.

My vision cleared, giving me a full view of Louis' face. I took in his appearance; his cheeks were stained with tears, with his eyes still watering. His eyes weren't the same colour; they were a dull dark blue. Worry and relief was plastered on his facial features, as he looked down at me. He looked broken.

"Lace." He croaked.

My lips formed into a small smile at his voice. I squeezed his hand again as a reply, not trusting my voice just yet.

He reached over to the bedside table, grabbing the small bag. Tearing it open with his teeth, he brought it to my mouth. He let go of my hand taking it over towards my head, guiding it to tilt upwards, making it easier for me to drink. As my lips came in contact with bag, I started sucking at the blood almost immediately, craving the cool liquid. I could feel my muscles strengthen at the taste of blood, my body was gaining control.

I finished the bag in only seconds. My strength had heightened, and I was able to sit up on my own. It was a tiny bit of a challenge to breathe, as my throat was still itchy. My body was extremely sore, with still lack of energy, but it was bearable. Louis threw the empty bag in the small bin entwining our hands together once more.

"How are you feeling Love?"

I grunted as I sat up more resting on the back board of the bed.

"A bit sore, but I'm alright now." I said. He looked at me warningly, to say he didn't completely believe me.

"Are you sure?" he asked again. I just nodded giving him an assuring smile. He sighed in relief, looking down to our hands; he rubbed small circles onto the top of my hand. He looked back up to me, a sad smiled etched onto his face.

"You won't be able to move much until in the morning, all you can do is rest, I'm sorry love."

"It's okay Louis." I replied softly.

Louis groaned breaking his gaze from my face, looking towards the far wall.

"No it's not Lacey, it's not okay! You wouldn't be like this is it weren't for me. You wouldn't be stuck on that damn bed, all out of energy, feeling like absolute crap and not being able to move. I know what it feels like and its shit." He said slightly raising his voice. I reached over towards his shoulder resting my hand on there.

"Louis it's not your fault, its m-" He cut me off shrugging my hand off of him. "No, it's mine. If I were to have a god damn brain I would've thought about you needing blood! Its common sense for god sakes!" he said throwing his arms up into the air, emphasizing his point.

"Louis y-" I tried. "No, I've been there, you will feel exhausted for a couple of days, you won't feel like doing anything at all. You then need to drink much more blood than usual; to rid the weak feeling. You'll soon get addicted to the taste and you have to restrain yourself from drinking more and more. Its mental pain trying to stop and-"

"Louis! Louis Listen to me!" I demanded as loud as I could with a sore throat. "It's fine, I'm fine-"

"No it's not, everyone says that when it's clearly not fin-"

"LOUIS!! Will you just listen to me and stop bloody cutting me off?" I broke Louis from his rant. He sighed, running his hand through his hair and nodded.

"I am fine, I'm telling the truth. I don't care that I have to go through shit! I've got you, we've got each other! You will be here, its fine! I can just watch some movies or something, plus extra sleep would do me well. All of this vampire stuff is still pretty new to me and honesty? It's wearing me out, trying to get a grip on all of this new information being thrown my way. It's fine. Trust me."