Chapter 9

(Lacey's PoV)

I woke up with a cough. There was extreme burning coming from inside my throat. I shot up in bed, grasping at my throat. Numerous coughs were now flowing out of my mouth. I had to drink some water, the thirst was almost unbearable. I quickly pulled the covers off, careful to not wake Louis. With the sounds that I was making I was surprised he wasn't up yet. I jumped out of bed, to have a near fail as my legs felt like jelly. They were weak and I was finding it hard to walk, but I put all my strength to my legs, running towards the bathroom. I swung the door open, heading towards the sink.

I turned the tap on, shaking as I cupped my hands under the flowing water. I leant my head down bringing my lips to the puddle of water trapped in my hands, drinking from them. The cool liquid washed down my throat, the burning slightly soothed. What was happening to me?

I looked up into the mirror, to find myself shocked once again. My eyes had turned back to the crimson colour, but this time, brighter. My pale face was whiter than usual, making me look awfully sick. I cupped my hands under the water again, splashing my face. This time when I looked up, I jumped. Louis' hands had wrapped around my waist, hugging me from behind.

"What's wrong love? I heard awful coughing." He asked voice groggily from just waking up.

I didn't reply. Words just couldn't form. Instead I grabbed my hand and wrapped it around my neck. As if something was choking me. I pointed with my other hand inside of my mouth, trying to signal that I was thirsty. I began to feel the burning build up again, feeling the need to cough more. I leant back down to the sink taking another gulp of water. But it was barely doing anything, it wasn't ridding the pain.

It didn't look like Louis had got the picture yet as he was looking confused at my actions. I sucked in a deep breath.

"Thirsty." I croaked out, pain evident in my voice.

I think Louis finally figured it out as he cursed and ran out of the bathroom using vampire speed. In seconds he was back, holding a bag of red substance, blood. He placed the bag in my hands waiting for me to open it. I stared down at the bag.

"Drink it love, it will make you feel better." He said.

I tried opening the bag as Louis helped stable my body. I pulled at the sides looking for an opening to appear, but nothing was there. Louis noticed my fumbling and confusion as he spoke up.

"You have to pierce a hole through it with your teeth." He said.

I looked back down at the blood bag; I brought my mouth closer to it until my teeth made contact with the plastic. My fangs shot out, biting down with one tooth, puncturing a hole straight through. In an instant liquid filled my mouth. The taste was odd at the start but soon I started to get used to it, it was bitter yet kind of sweet, with a slight metallic twinge to it. Pleasure rushed through my body as I sucked more and more blood out of the bag. The pain in my throat was subsiding hastily. I began to become more and more addicted to the pleasure by the second, sucking harder at the bag in an attempt to get every last drop.

When it was clear that I had drunk all of the remaining blood, I stopped sucking. I looked up at Louis with wide eyes, like I was pleading for more. I had to get my hands on more blood; I could almost kill for it. I could feel that my body had gotten stronger, but I was still weak. Louis took note of my poor posture, still standing with a hunched back. I couldn't pull it straight; the energy was getting drained from my body. I needed more blood.

"Love, you still look unwell, go rest on the bed while I get another bag." He told me, helping my frail body over to the bed. I sunk down into the mattress as he sped out of the room.

Louis came back a couple minutes later, but this time with nothing in his hands.

"Lace I looked everywhere! I can't find them! I thought we had spares but there are none in the fridge! I'm so sorry Lacey. We ran out of blood." He said to me. It kind of caught me off guard. Blood was the only thing that could make my body stronger. I gave him a worried look.

"I'm going to have to go get some more! You will have to wait here love, you aren't strong enough to come with me." He said.

My throat started to burn again, but it was only light. Louis came over to the bed sitting to the side of me.

"I'll be about an hour or two, I'm so sorry. The blood clinic for vampires is on the other side of the city. Do you think you will be able to wait that long?" He asked me.

I nodded yes, as the burning started to get worse. He brought his lips to mine pecking them softly.

"I love you, I'll be back shortly." He pulled away speeding out of the house before I could even manage to say goodbye.

__________________

I waited. I waited in agonizing pain. I waited getting weaker and weaker by the minute. When was Louis coming back?

The burning had gotten worse, it felt like a bonfire was lit, flames going up as it went wild, running up and down my throat. I felt exhausted, as if I had just ran in a marathon. The coughing had gotten worse as well. About ten minutes after Louis had left me, it started up again. At this point it sounded like a mild case of the whooping cough.

Every bit of my body felt uncomfortable or just weak. I wasn't able to move much from lack of energy. A headache had started to build up a little while ago, getting heavier and heavier every couple of minutes. I felt horrible, but that would be an understatement.

My headache was pounding in my head, my vision starting to get blurry and the dizziness that was coming along didn't help my situation at all. The room started to spin and objects in the room were moving around slightly. I heard a voice shouting throughout the house, but my body was too focused on loosing consciousness. My sight was getting darker and darker. The voice was still booming through the house but I could barely hear it. All that it sounded like to me were loud mumbles followed by buzzing sounds.

Everything was black.

_______________________________________________________

A/N: Okay so I am so so sorry for the long wait for an update and then the shortish chapter! I didn't know how to word certain things in this chapter, my mind was just being a complete douche. But.. Thank you to everyone that commented/voted or followed it seriously means so so much!

And this story has now got 1.53K reads!!!!! I cannot believe it!! I would never of thought that this book would get 1000 reads let alone 1500!!! So thank you thank you thank you!! I will try and update again soon!!

So vote if you liked it, and comment what you think!!!

-Sam :D xxx