Chapter 14

(Lacey's PoV)

In books and stories that I've read when people turn into vampires, their physical features become more prominent. They have clear, pale, smooth skin, long eyelashes, and plump lips. They often turn into beautiful creatures, some monsters, some not.

The person that I saw staring back at me I could almost bet wasn't me. I was shocked to say at the least.

My usual brown wavy hair was now chestnut mixed with a sort of caramel colour. It was full of volume and naturally dried into loose curls. My skin was pale and practically flawless, no lumps or spots. My lips were full of colour, as if had traced them with pink lip gloss.

I felt somewhat beautiful. Louis soon came crashing in to the bathroom wondering what on earth made that sound.

"Lace?" He asked slightly out of breath.

He quickly rushed over to me checking for any signs of damage. Lifting my arm up, checking my legs and then grabbing a hold of my face. One hand either sides of my cheeks.

"What happened," He breathed out, "are you okay?"

Despite that he was completely worried I was in pure embarrassment. He had been inspecting my body whilst I was practically naked.

Blushing, I said, "yes I'm fine Louis."

"Then what happened? What was that sound? Did you fall?"

I silently laughed to myself. "No I didn't fall, nothing happened. I just dropped the hair dryer."

"Oh" he said, "why did you drop the hair dryer?"

"I look different."

I turned my body so I was looking directly back into the mirror. Louis was behind me with his hands around my waist. I couldn't help but think about how we looked together. I've only known him for a small amount of time, yet we fit so well. His arms looked and felt like they were made for me. Cheesy as that is, it's true, we were like puzzle pieces.

"You look the same love." He said lips next to my ear.

"No look, I look different. My hair is different and my lips are pinker, my eyes and skin. I'm different." I stated. It was clear to me, I've looked at myself for years and I have never once looked like I do now.

"You look very much the same to me." He said.

"How don't you see it? I didn't look like this before, I've never looked like this. I've never looked this.. Nice."

Louis' right arm released it's grip around my waist, moving it up to my head. He tucked some loose strands of hair behind my ear.

Leaning, in he whispered into my ear. "To me you haven't changed. You were the same before and you're the same now. You look exactly like you did. Beautiful. You've always been beautiful to me."

My faced flushed red again. I could feel my towel starting to slip from around my chest. Louis' arm weight was starting to drag it down.

"Ummm Louis?"

"Yes love?"

"I'm in a towel." He gave me a look to say he already knew that. "Can you get out? Please?"

He chuckled slightly shaking his head, "of course" he turned his frame towards the door and made on step before turning back around. "But, I could always just stand and watch." He sent me a suggestive wink followed by a smirk.

I reached for the hand towel on the sink, taking it in my hands. I pulled it tight at each end, flinging it towards his stomach, he jumped back before it could reach his skin. "Perv."

"Did you just try to whip me?" He asked, amusement clear on his face.

"No." I said, not missing a beat.

"I think you did."

"Well I didn't."

"What do you call it then?" He challenged me.

I looked down at my hands thinking of a quick excuse. Nothing, I couldn't think of a thing. "Ummmm.."

He just laughed and left the room, I huffed in defeat.

Looking back into the mirror, I tightened my towel as I stared at my reflection. It still hadn't completely sunk in. It's hard to apprehend how it happened, that it has, and that this is the effect.

I picked up the hair dryer, unplugged it, putting it away in the cupboard.

Grabbing the toothbrush Louis had supplied for me, I quickly brushed my teeth. Hanging up my towel, I got dressed in my clothes, turning the fan and light off, I exited just as Louis had not long ago.

I chucked my dirty clothes in the wash basket heading to find Louis. I found him in the lounge room on the phone with the tv on silent. I could hear a rough, husky voice on the other end, although I couldn't quite pick what he was saying. I had never heard it before.

"Yeah, righto. It should be alright," Louis said, the man replied, but to me it was all mumbles.

"Okay, yeah talk to you later mate, bye." Louis ended the call and turned towards me.

I flashed him a warm smile sitting next to him on the couch. I was going to ask him who it was but I felt like id be intruding in on his life. I didn't want that.

Louis leant over, grabbing the remote, turning the volume up. Family guy was currently playing, I chuckled at his choice.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

"Whatever you want Lace." He said pulling me gently into his side, placing his arm over my shoulders.

"Mmmm," I hummed, "sounds good to me." I said, snuggling into his chest.

He just snuggled closer.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: SORRYYYY... I know I'm a terrible writer.. It's been forever since I have updated but thank you to everyone that has stayed with me, it means so much. Not a big fan of this chapter but I just wanted to update for you guys! Xx

The last couple of months have been a bit tough with time and my personal life. Homework and assignments are taking over again, but I will try to update It might take a while but there will still probably be an update. Stress has really been getting to me and lack of sleep, I am really sorry, just haven't been feeling all the best.

Sorry again!

You guys have been great with the comments and votes lately! Please keep it up! I love feedback!

-Sam :) xx