Hiding

Npov

Once again having a craving for a McDonald's happy meal, I walked out of my cabin and found an area that there was only one person in.

Uh oh. That person was running towards me. It must be Will. He was the only person that would happily run towards me.

I ran towards a cabin and shadow traveled to McDonald's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~switch to wpov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked all over for Nico di Angelo. Finally I saw him walk out of his cabin, going towards a tree.

Uh oh. I better hurry before he shadow travels away. I sprinted towards him, waving my arms and pretty much making myself look like an idiot, trying to get his attention.

He looked straight at me and then walked faster.

Poof!

He shadow traveled away. I knew he must be getting tired from shadow traveling all the time. He shadow traveled at dinner, and he shadow traveled at lunch, every single day. I wonder why he leaves at all the meals. What restraunt could be that good?

Maybe he just didn't want to be with the other people. He seemed like he didn't really like that sort of thing.

~~~~~~~~~time skip to middle of lunch the same day~~~~~~~~still wpov~~~~

I was munching on a salad, when Nico came back with a happy meal in his hands. I thought that was odd. He never seemed very happy, yet he ate happy meals twice a day? How could he like one restraunt so much? Weird.

I expected him to come to the pavilion, but he went the opposite way.

What is he doing?

I took this as a chance to talk with him and make sure he's okay. I left my plate there, ignoring my questioning brothers and sisters and followed Nico, but making sure I left a lot of distance between us.

He glanced behind him and I pretended to not be following him. Then he entered the strawberry fields and I followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ switch to Nicos pov~~~~~~~~~

I had ordered a McDonald's happy meal, and was headed to the strawberry fields.

Right before I entered I made sure no one was following me. Will was the only person to see me and He was heading towards the big house, to his left, so I entered the strawberry fields.

I found the very last row, that was filled with dead strawberries after every time I came in. No came to pick the dead strawberries. No one liked dead things.

I sat down and played with the happy meal toy. It was a little tiny sketch pad. I let my hand draw and I didn't look at what I was drawing until I was done. I looked down.

Bianca. I had drawn Bianca.

I started to tear up. Luckily no one had been around when I checked. They could have followed me...and then they would hear me cry. Everyone here was scared of me, but they wouldn't be if they caught me crying. In fact, they would probably tell everyone and no one would be scared of me. Which means they would either become friends with me or bully me. Neither was a good option.

A tear landed on my paper and ruined the picture.

"No!" I yelped.

Bianca is gone anyway, Nico. She wouldn't get to see the picture anyway...

I reached for another nugget, but I had eaten them all. I sighed.

Then I heard rustling. I composed myself and went towards the noise. More rustling. And more. Something was in there. My heart beat faster. I bird flew out. I chuckled. All that over a bird?

I picked one of the strawberries. That strawberry had hid the inside of the bush and I could see inside. Something...or someone....was in there. All I saw was tanned skin, and blonde hair.

"Hey...Nico...did you know the strawberries are better if they come from the inside of the bush?" I pushed aside part of the bush to reveal a very nervous will solace.

"Will!" I yelped, "Were you stalking on me?"

"You're good at art?" He tried to change the subject.

"Will. Were you stalking me?" I repeated.

He hesitated, before he nodded.

"Will! Why would you do that?! All I wanted to do was enjoy my happy meal!"

"Why were you in the strawberry fields? Why weren't you up at the pavilion?"

"So I wouldn't be disturbed!" My real answer was so I'm not bullied but I was not about to tell Will that.

"Are you sure that's why?" He asked quietly. I nodded. I could tell he didn't believe me.

"So why did you go to the back?"

"Same reason."

"No one would have disturbed you in the picnic area."

"Fine!" I yelled, just wanting him to go away "I came here so I wouldn't be caught by bullies, okay?!"

I slowly shrank to the ground. Will came out of the bushes (finally) and put his arm around me.

I tensed, and scooted a couple inches away, looking at him.

Is he going to bully me too?