to feel so small

May 4th, 2015.

"Lou!" Harry called with a smile, skipping over to the small boy who was sitting with his legs tucked under him, glasses perched perfectly on his button nose so he could read the book in front of him.

"May th-the f-fourth be with you, young H-Harold." Niall said with a stern voice, bowing in front of him. Harry raised his eyebrow and shook his head,

"That's the best you could come up with?" He sighed. Niall laughed and shook his head, walking back over to Liam.

Niall had been making tremendous leaps in his recovery. His anxiety was being controlled a lot better with the help of Liam and a new medicine. The medicine simply calmed his nerves, it didn't give him any mood swings or raging depression like the past couple of medicines have. He was also working with one of the doctors who had hired a speech therapist for a few of the patients, and he was beginning to get over his stutter as well.

"Haz," He smiled, putting his book down. "What's got you so chipper this rainy afternoon?" Harry only grinned in response, grabbing the boys fragile wrist. "Mind telling me where we're going?" Louis chuckled, pushing his glasses up his nose with his index finger. Harry shook his head, a devilish smile on his face as he pulled Louis through the hall.

Harry stopped in front of the music room. The door was decorated with music notes and keys, making it hard to miss. The room was one of Harry's favourites. There was a very nice piano in the centre of the room, a small drum kit in the back corner, an acoustic guitar on the side and a few smaller instruments spewed across the warm coloured walls.

He guided Louis in and shut the door behind him. The room was soundproof, but there was a camera in the corner of the room so the staff could still make sure nothing was happening that would cause harm to a patient or anyone else. Harry led Louis over and pushed him down gently in a chair before he stood back and sat on the bench in front if the piano.

"Okay, I, um, I wrote this a little bit ago." Harry blushed, putting his journal that he has been carrying on top of the piano. Louis bit his lip, recognising the journal immediately as the one he had peeked into while Harry was in solitary. "I wrote some of it for my nan, and some for, um, for y-you." The blush on his cheeks grew as he turned his back to Louis and placed his fingers on the keys.

If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you

I think I might give up everything, just ask me to

Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down

Right now I'm completely defenceless

His voice was rough.

He hadn't sang in a long time and he knew his voice was raspier than usual, especially when he had spent so long crying lately.

Louis watched Harry's figure lean forward as he pressed down on the keys, his head moving to the left as he sang loudly, his voice mixing together with the music in such a way that Louis felt himself being drawn closer to the boy.

For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart

For when you're lonely and forget who you are