Pick Up! ⬆

【🐞Marinette Dupai-Cheng🐞】

I told Chat yesterday to not come visit today. My mom and dad asked me to help them with the remodeling of the bakery. Of course, I agreed. That meant I was going to be busy, and there would be cero time for Chat Noir. He didn't like the idea that only the three of us would be working on it, and no help. A pouting cat begged to help, to which I said no. What would my parents think of a superhero wanting to help fix a bakery?

After half and hour of him complaining, I settled with literally dragging him out my window.  Nothing out the usual. This was not my first time. And after closing my window, he stood outside protesting a bit longer. It got me thinking which one is worse. A real cat meowing at me all day or a guy in a cat suit that could talk. Both are equally annoying.

"Marinette, could you bring some of the wood, please?" My dad didn't have to ask twice. I quickly turned and left to get the things he needed. Even if it was work day, this was actually kind of fun.

Mama gave me permission to paint one of the walls in the area where the tables where located. A flower print painting made it all the way to my head's box of ideas, and my hands where itching to get started.

"Sweetie, we need to buy some more materials. I made a list to see if you could go fetch them for me." It was my mom who asked for some help this time. I nodded taking the paper from her hands, and heading outside with my purse.

"Sorry, Tikki. It's going to be a little stuffed in there." I gave my adorable kawami an apologetic look. She was going to be stuffed in a bag full of money, and it wasn't going to be comfortable.

"It's alright. Don't worry about it." She giggled. "As long as I get a cookie when I get back." I grinned and agreed with her suggestion.

After finally getting all the things I needed from the harbor store, my legs made their way back home. I was enjoying the peaceful walk and the warm sun kissing my skin. A sigh escaped my lips. I wish there were more days like this. But like-wise, all that had to be ruined.

"Chat! What do you think you're doing?" Only a few houses left to get to the bakery, and I find said superhero in a box, grinning at me. I was dumbfounded. There was something written on the box. It read 'Lookin' for a job. Hard workin' kitten. Do anything for you.' I read the words, then stared at him, then back at the words. The sentence finished with a 'Pick up.'

"Are you out of your mind?"

"Only when it's for you, purrinces." He finished with a wink. After processing what was happening, I decided to walk past him, and finally get home. Hopefully he'll stay where he is. Yeah, he didn't.

"C'mon Mari! You know how much I want to help!" He pouted, and curse that cute face!  "Please pick up this kitten!" I glared at him once again. He was good at convincing me and I hated it. My systems don't seem to work against pouty faces, and my heart might be to warm...

I sigh and finally spoke, "Fine. You can help in one condition." He nodded eagerly. "You gotta act like you don't know me, and you just casually passed by and thought it'd be nice to help."

He jumped exitedly and gave me a bone-crushing hug. "I promise you won't regret it, princess. This cat is a great actor!" I really hope he was. If not, I was doomed.

{☆}

I was finally home and ten minutes have passed since the agreement me and Chat Noir had. My nerves were on edge, hoping my parents wouldn't overthink and find out about his late night visits. Dear Lord, help me!

My dad had some empty boxes in hand, and was currently taking them outside. Perfect opportunity for Chat to make his move. I decided to inch closer to the window to see how it goes down. That's when Chat casually jumps out of nowhere startling my dad. He seemed to be asking papa something. Probably what was he doing, and my dad answered. Chat placed a worried look and I imagine he had to be saying something around the lines of 'by yourselfs?'.

After a few seconds, dad seemed to laugh and agree to him helping. When he turned around to come inside, Chat saw me through the window and gave me a wink. My response? A blush. He actually managed to convince my dad. He does have acting skills!

"Look sweetheart! A superhero decided to help us with the remodeling!" My dad said exitedly pointing at Chat, who casually waved at me.

"Oh my! It's Chat Noir! Thank you for being so considerate!" My fangirl mode, activated. My dad seemed to believe the act, while said superhero was trying to hold back his laughter.

"Well Marinette, I'll leave him to you. I don't want you carrying heavy things. You can leave that to the men." My dad gave Chat a knowing look, and I know I wasn't going to hear the end of this later.

After dad left, Chat walked up to me and threw an arm over my shoulder. "Thanks for picking up this kitten. I am now at your service. And let the man do all the heavy dutty." I snorted a laugh.

"That sounds so wrong!" I laughed harder. "It's like you're going to poo or something!" Chat's cheeks flamed in embarrassment. And tried going back on his words, but I'm afraid it was too late. I spend the entire evening making fun of him, and it was priceless.

Dear kitten, I'm glad I picked you up.

To be continued...