One Dance

Before we start with the chapter I'd like to say sorry for not posting in a while. Simple explanation: school. So to repay for the time lost, I present the longest chapter I have ever written in my life. Thank you for understanding and I hope you enjoy! :*

【🐞Marinette Dupai-Cheng🐞】

"Okay, class. Remember to study for tomorrow's test." Everyone grumbled and proceeded to leave the classroom. That is until our 'favorite' blonde decided to stop, and announce something.

"So as you all know my dad will be having a ball this Friday to celebrate his birthday, and you're all invited." said Chloe smugly.

"Really? Did you hit your head in a wall or are you joking?" Alix crossed her arms as she waited for Chloe's answer. She really did not believe as any of us did.

"You should be grateful you're invited to such a prestigious event! So stop complaining before I change my mind." Then she turned around to look at Adrien. Oh brother. Here it comes. "And I hope to see you there, Adrikins!" She finished with a wink, and soon enough she was out of the room with Sabrina at her tail. Adrien looked disgusted.

"Well we might as well not miss a chance." Alya finally spoke after an awkward silence. "This would be amazing for my blog!"

"But what if it's another one of her pranks?" Rose said worriedly. Juleka nodded by her side.

"Then we'll make sure she recieves payback." Nino finally spoke up and gave a wink. I could see Alya smiling proudly at him from the corner of my eye. I could totally tell she liked him. And he liked her too. Why don't they date already?

"Took the words out of my mouth. Now let's all look as fancy as possible, because we're going to steal the show!" Everyone 'whooped' at Alya's encouragement. And I smiled.

"How about the girls come over to my house to get ready?" I randomly suggested.

"That's a great idea, Mari!" I recieved a pat in the back from my best friend. "Besides, Marinette makes awesome clothes and I'm sure she wouldn't mind lending." I blushed.

"Then how about the guys get ready at Adrien's?" Nino smirked at Adrien, which looked suprised at the suggestion. "I mean, didn't you say your dad would be out? I'm sure he wouldn't mind if a couple of friends barge in." Adrien seemed to think about it.

"Alright." He finished with a nod. "Guys get ready at my house. I know where my dad keeps his old designed suits." He smiled mischievously.

"Atta boy!" Kim seemed to almost slap out the daylight from Adrien when he gave him a pat on the back.

Few minutes later everyone was out and I was walking to the front door to finally head home. That's when I felt someone stop me, and I turned around immediately. I was suprised to find a shy Adrien looking at me. I panicked.

"Hey Marinette, I wanted to ask you if maybe I could be your company at the ball?" He smiled cheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. Was he asking me to be his date for the ball? Is this a dream?

"I-I uh, would the ball like- I mean! I would love for you be to- ugh. I would love for you to a company me to the ball!" I finally squeaked the answer out. Stupid stuttering.

"Awesome! Well see you tomorrow." And just like that he was gone. Oh please let this not be a dream!

{☆}

I was home with my sowing machine on as I worked on a few adjustments for the girls dresses. I wanted to make sure they all looked absolutely stunning. Everything had to be in place and ready for Friday. The dresses where chosen with careful care so they would match everyone's personalities. Hopefully my work will pay off.