Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Sitting on the bed I was going through my messages when a knock on the door interrupted me. Looking up I saw it was Jackson.

"Hey, Come in", I invited him.

I could feel the awkwardness in the room. The feel you get when you are not exactly nervous, maybe a little and a bit scared too. Yeah that was what I was felt.

"You look beautiful", Jackson smiled.

"Oh, thank you", I replied and looked down to supress my blush.

"So...umm....yesterday....you...I mean we...sort of...urgh..." he stammered a bit, rubbing his neck again and again, and looking everywhere except at me. Well he looked cute. It was difficult for me to hide my smile.

Getting him out of his misery I said," I didn't mind it". I never thought I would be the one to admit it. With a pause I continued with a serious tone," Jackson we both know we have feelings for each other. I know I do and they are not just lust. I l-".

"Ava Nolan is here", mom shouted from downstairs interrupting me.

Nolan. Shit.

Jackson's expression changed from surprise to sad. I was shocked, would be an understatement. When we wanted to talk then only he has to come. Great timing dude.

We both stood staring at each other not knowing what to say. Since Nolan was back we knew we won't get time to talk. I don't want to regret not telling him. He should know how I feel. I want him to know. Biting my lower lip I controlled myself from exploding.

"Love I missed you", Nolan entered the room and attacked me with a bear hug. What's gotten into him? Is he okay? He's acting like my far-off-boyfriend.

"What are you doing?", I whispered to him a bit confused by his sudeen actions.

"I missed you", he replied as if it was not obvious to me.

"Hey buddy, how's you", he said to Jackson giving him one of those guy-hug.

"Great", Jackson replied.

"Ava, I want to take you on dinner tonight. Will you go out with me?", Nolan asked.

I really wanted to say no but then I have to give another explanation and it would be a mess. To escape from all those troubles I said yes. My eyes instantly searched for Jackson. His face was neutral as if he was okay with it and didn't care. It hurts.

I don't know what he feels for me. Do he regret what happened?

What if he don't? This won't change anything, would it?

I don't know but it would make me feel better after I know what he feels.

"So I'll pick you at seven. Jack come on I need to tell you something", Nolan said. Both of them left my room. I expected Jackson to at least look back but he didn't, leaving me alone.

I dropped to floor holding my head in hands. I wanted to scream, to cry I don't know what but I wanted to be far far away from here. It's too much for my little heart. All these feelings, these emotions. I wanted to be with Jackson for once. I wanted him to listen, to know, it's not what he thinks. To be in his arms, my good place. To listen his heart beating and sleep right there beside him. Just him and me in our own.

Slowly I calmed myself and got up. I didn't wanted to think of Jackson or Nolan or marriage for now. To keep me busy I started arranging my closet and clean my room, to keep my minds off those 'things'.