Chapter 17

Chapter 17

When life gets too easy it's a lie. Life is never easy and if it is believe me it's too good to be true.

Jackson and I both love each other deeply. Nolan knows about us too but why does it feel like a dream. And if it isn't, I feel something bad is going to happen and this all will go away. Nolan was so cool when we told everything to him. But will it be the same when we tell our families. This is going to be the hardest part.

Shuddering at the thought, I shook my head to make these scenarios go away.

"Ava I know what you're thinking. But you need to stop worrying about what's gonna happen". Nolan said as if he read my mind. "Our parents are going to be tough to explain to. I know but then we'll try to convince them."

"I have seen Jackson when he returned from the trip. All he did was search for you and at that time I wanted to find the girl and put the boy out of his misery. Now I have that chance and even if I have to break this marriage to get you two united I will do that. Both of you are my best friends and I want to see both of you happy".

I don't know how to respond to that. Instead I hugged him. Tears filled my eyes. I feel so content knowing that I have best people in the world as my friends.

"Thank you".

Jackson hugged Nolan, "Thanks man". A smile broke on my face. Threading my fingers with Jackson I hugged him sideways.

"Now I have to do some damage control so you two go, shoo and do whatever those sickly romantic couples do", he joked making me laugh.

Jackson had some office emergency so we couldn't spend time together. Instead I went to a nearby coffee shop. Ordering a cup of cappuccino I took a seat at the far corner of cafeteria.

Outside the shop market was buzzing. People had their normal routine going. Some were rushing to reach office. A group of mothers were chatting at the corner while their children played with bubble gun. Tourist roam the street taking pictures. It all seemed so natural.

To me it felt different. Everything happening around hold a meaning. I don't know if it was me or the sun was shining too brightly. The air felt warm and delight. Inhaling deeply I closed my eyes to bask in the light that entered through the glass window.

The waiter placed coffee cup on my table and asked if I wanted anything else. Blowing on the coffee I shook my head. Taking a sip I looked around the café. Other than me there were only two groups. Their laughter echoed in the whole room. They're having a good time, I thought.

My phone rang inside my pocket. Pulling it out Peyton's name flashed on the screen.

"Hello".

"Hey girl, so did you liked the party".

"Yep, it definitely passed the crazy criteria", I laughed.

"I will take that you loved it. Your welcome by the way", only if she knew how much. I smiled.

"Where did you and Jess go? I couldn't find you two last night", I asked.

"Do you remember Matt from my, homeroom he was there too. So I was dancing with him. He's so cute and we exchanged our numbers too. Oh my gosh." she exclaimed so loud that I had to pull phone away.

"Yeah I remember him. He's nice", I stated. "But did you see Jess?".

"I think I saw her talking to Nolan. She was so drunk after you went to dance with Nolan. After that I lost her".