UIIWMBF 41.5

Copyright © eYinYang|2016

All rights reserve 2016

-------

It's already dinner time. The guests went to the buffet area to grab their foods.

We sat in the table with our family.

I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Rion asked.

"Gonna grab some food." I said.

"Ako na. Dito ka na lang." he volunteered.

Nagkibit balikat ako then let him do it.

"Where's papa?" I asked Rosalie.

We looked around.

"There he is." Rosalie pointed.

"I'll just talk to him." I said.

Rosalie nodded then continued eating.

I saw papa walking towards the side door. I followed him and saw the garden when I got out.

I looked for him then saw him sitting at the bench in one hidden corner.

He was smoking.

I sat beside him.

He looked at me.

"Oh, kumain ka na?" He asked.

I shook my head

"Kumain ka na dun." he said.

"Later na po." I said.

He nodded.

There was few silent minutes.

"Pa, why him? Why Rion?" I asked papa.

"Why not him?" Papa said.

"Pa naman." Reklamo ko.

"Honestly anak, why not Rion? He is the best man I know that fits to be my baby's husband. I like him for you." He said.

I sighed.

"Anak, even before you leave for Chicago, napagusapan na namin ni Michael ito." Papa said.

"Bakit po hindi nyo sinabi agad?" I asked.

"Why? Pagsinabi ko ba agad babalik ka pa?" he asked.

"Of course I will!" I said.

"I know what he feels for you hija, I know that it's real." He said.

"You sounded so sure." I said in a small voice.

"I am. Kahit nung bata pa lang kayo, I can see what he feels for you anak, He even asked me kung pwede daw bang siya na lang ang magbabantay sayo at magpprotekta." Papa stated.

"It was only a sibling love." I said.

Papa smiled. "You didn't told him that you're already leaving back then. When you left without his knowledge, he begged for me to say where you are."

He continued. "I was confused that time, then realized what's happening." he smiled.

Papa held my left hand. "And I know that one of the reasons you agreed to leave is not just because nanghihinayang ka sa plane ticket, but because you have a reason. I told him that I'll tell him where you are if he passed my challenges. And warned him that it's going to be hard." Kwento ni papa.

"But because of his determination, he passed. And at that moment, I really am sure that he deserves you," Papa was smiling proudly.

"After he passed my tests, I talked to Michael and learned that he haven't told Rion about our agreement. And after Mike broke the news to Rion, he immediately talked to me to confirm it." He said.