Chapter 2

Kay so lets pretend that they never found out that Rose and Dimitri could have children.
Yay 8 people checked out my book!

I dreamed about Dimitri that night. It was strange. I was remembering the first time we had sex in the cabin in the woods. So much had progressed since that. I still loved him, very, very much. But what would he do if he found out about this? But, I couldn't grasp a worry to hard because in the dream, all that mattered were his lips and touches.
When I woke up, his name was on my lips and his touches still felt so real. It was amazing. But at the same time, I felt the loss of it.
Snap out of it. I thought. When I left Dimitri, this had happened many, many times. I couldn't feel the guilt again. Not when he could have already gotten over me. After all, I was the one who left him in the first place. Why should he still want me?
Feeling restless, I climbed out of bed and changed. there were still goosebumps on my arms from those imaginary touches.
When I was done, I turned to see Ivan staring at me sleepily. "Mommy, where are we?" He asked, looking confused.
"At Mark amd Oksana's. Don't you remember them, honey? They helped take care of you when you were a baby."
"Where's Viktoria? And Grandma?" He asked, still looking confused. Grandma was what he called Olena.
"They're at their own house, just down the long, long road leading back to Baia."
"Why did we have to leave? I want to play with Paul and Viktoria?" Ivan asked, getting upset.
"We had to leave because.... Well just because we had to. We will go back soon." I tried to assure him. Key word, tried.
"NO!" He said, getting really upset. "I want to go back! Take me back! I want to play!"
"Honey, I can't do that. Just please wait." I felt helpless.
"NO!!!"
The one word resonated in my head as he ran out the door. He usually never refused mg orders, maybe because I hardly gave any orders and always let him have his way. Dammit, Rose. I thought. Why did you have to be so lenient?
I shook myself. Now was not the time to revise parenting skills. First I needed to find Ivan before he caused Mark and Oksana too much trouble.