Chapter VI

The Chamber of the Council of Archangels

"You need to contemplate the immense power we are up against, Haniel. We need all of our brothers and sisters, even those that fell if we are to end Holok's reign of terror."

Haniel, Archangel of God's Word was not at all happy with the discussion before the Council of Archangels. "God attempted to destroy all of their filth, and nearly succeeded were it not for some of you in this very room pleading for mercy for your traitorous brothers and sisters. He wanted their disease wiped from existence and now you want to bring them back into the fold. Why are you so willing to open the doors to Heaven? This is not your home, this is the humans' and we are nothing more than its caretakers. How dare you even suggest such a thing, Michael? Were you not the one leading the charge against the Fallen? The leader of the battle that drove them out of Heaven?"

"Yes, Haniel. You know I was, but as I said before, respectful of your duty, God is not here to offer his word or wisdom. The Watchers were defiant of God, not defiant of us and He is here no longer, all we have is each other. We need Azazel."

"What say you, Chamuel? Have you any vision that might guide us in our deliberations?" Raziel, one of the wisest of the Archangels feared the debate that was ensuing could likely tear Heaven asunder if the heat of discussion was not quelled quickly.

"Sadly, Raziel, my clairvoyance is so limited by the barrier of protection I cannot give what you ask. Nevertheless, I will immediately address any thing I might experience with the Council as soon as it happens."

"My dear Brother Michael, I know you are the oldest and wisest of us all, but please, I beseech you, reconsider what you request. These brothers and sisters are not the same. They are but soot from an army's campfire and not the burning bringer of safety and warm security they once were. They are marred by something much darker, you should understand this well, brother."

"I know...I know, Ariel, my sister, however they are our sole resource in Holok's realm. The Watchers are the only angels that can assist the Original Souls in their quest to locate and liberate the other humans that can help us. Maybe this could be the opportunity for them to redeem themselves. If not to God, then to us their only family."

"Watchers. Bah! The only thing they watched was the destruction of everything everyone loved. They were the instruments that led to God's abandonment of us all. Archangels and Angels they are not!" Jegudiel turned and glanced over at Raguel. "What opinion are you holding, brother? You are the arbiter in situations like this, are you not? We need you to arbitrate."

"Sadly, I am in agreement with Michael, the Watchers are our only option to provide King David and his group of Original Souls the resources they need to operate on Earth."

Haniel turned to leave and stopped. "This will be our undoing, Michael. You fought so gallantly against Samael...now, you are he that has fallen."

Michael observed his sister storm out of the room in anger and disgust.

With only a bare majority voting to seek the assistance of the Watchers, Gabriel was summoned by the Council then dispatched on a very dangerous mission to meet with the one-time leader of the remaining Watchers on Earth, Azazel, Heaven's former weapons designer.