King Sized Bed

Cassie curled up on the floor of her lounge, too scared to move, too scared to make a sound. She allowed herself to sob silently, until her eyes burned and she was sure the floor beneath her was wet.

Not ten minutes later, she heard a car screech to a halt outside her apartment block, the door opening and slamming, and the sound of heavy footsteps approaching her door. Her phone began to vibrate in her hand.

"Hello?" she whispered, hiccupping slightly.

"Cassie, open the door babe, I'm here" Zacky's voice echoed through the receiver, his breathing heavy, he had obviously just ran from his car to her door. She hung up the phone and uncurled herself from the floor, sprinting to the door and unlocking it. Cassie opened the door and Zacky snatched her into his arms, holding her tightly. She burst into tears once more, clinging to him. "Ssh, it's okay, Cass, it's okay, baby...I'm here, you're safe, he's gone... I've got you, I'm here...you're okay...it's gonna be okay..."

"I-I saw him in the bar, h-he was in the corner, watching me" Cassie sniffed , and she felt his body stiffen.

"What?! He was there?! Why didn't you say anything, babe?!" Zacky pulled away from her, gripping her shoulders tightly and looking straight at her.

"I-I didn't want to ruin the night, I mean we were there to celebrate Austin and Kristin's engagement, and the end of the tour...I-I didn't want to upset people..."

"Are you kidding?! Cassie, we could've called the cops on that asshole and stopped this from happening! Nothing is more important to us, to me, than your safety! I should've taken you back to mine...I'm sorry, babe, I'm so sorry...come on, pack your stuff, you're coming to my place. I'm not leaving you alone..."

"This isn't your fault..." Cassie mumbled quietly, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything, I'm sorry to drag you into this..." she avoided his eyes, feeling him take her hands in his.

"You're kidding, right?" Zacky ran his thumbs over the backs of her hands. "Cassie...babe...don't ever apologise, okay? For anything, especially that spineless piece of shit. It makes me sick to think of what could've happened if you didn't call me. C'mere..." Zacky let go of her hands and cradled her face, kissing her softly. "You know how much I care about you, right? I'm never gonna let him near you again. I don't care what I have to do."

"Zacky, I-" Cassie's heart hammered in her chest as she rested her forehead against his. Should she tell him now? No...no she couldn't. Not like this. "Thank you..." she sighed, her arms wrapping around his neck.

"You don't have to thank me, babe" he smiled softly, kissing her gently. "Come on, let's get your stuff. You can have my bed tonight, and you can get some sleep."

"But where will you sleep?" Cassie questioned as they walked into her bedroom, Zacky sitting on the end of her bed. He shrugged.

"I have like two spare rooms and a perfectly good couch babe, I'll be fine." He smiled at her. She sighed, grabbing an overnight bag and throwing everything in that she'd need.

"Zack, you don't have to do that, I can sleep in the spare room...it's the first night back from tour, you need to be in your own bed. "

"I've had like three hours in it, I'll be fine. " He leant back on his hands, watching Cassie pack her things. She rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay, fine, if you wanna sleep in the spare room, you can" he threw his hands up in defeat. "But don't say I didn't offer" he chuckled. Cassie laughed a little and zipped up her bag, slipping on her Ugg Boots. "Ready?"

"Yeah, I just wanna get the fuck out of here" she nodded, smiling as Zacky took the bag from her, throwing it over his shoulders. "Such a gentleman"