Back to the start - Clove

I've just transferred to a new school. We moved house in district 2 form near the quarry mines to a more suburban area. I don't want to go to school. I'm nervous. I'm 11 in one year my name will be entered into the reaping once. I won't need a tesserae. Almost nobody in 2 dose. I lay out my dress I'm going to wear for school. A deep purple with a black hair ribbon which I put around my ponytail.

In the morning I'm so nervous. More nervous than I've ever been before. I get dressed but it's almost impossible to go up the buttons at the front my dress. Finally after 25 minutes of struggling I manage to do them all up. I tie up my hair in its normal ponytail that when it's up it reaches my shoulder. I slip on my black flats and go down stairs.
"Hi darling" my mother says as she kisses me on my head
"Look at you you look beautiful" dad says
"Thank you" I say
"were's the cereal again?" I ask
"Pantry 3rd shelf from the bottom" dad says
"Thanks dad" I say

"Honey we should get going if we're going to make it in time" calls mum
"Coming" I yell back
I run upstairs and bet by backpack. I shove by books, pencil case, everything els I'll need along with a photo for me and my friends from my old school. I run back downstairs.
"Ok I'm ready lets go" I say

In the car I keep thinking about what it's going to be like at school. I sometimes find it hard to make friends, I come across as hostile sometimes. I'm not. Sometimes in this world of the hunger games it's safe to be hostile so I put up a wall. What class will I be in? Who will I sit with at lunch? 8:25 School starts at 8:30 were going to be late that's ok. We're supposed to meet with the principle and he will show me to my classroom.

We arrive at school. As I guessed everyone is already inside. I take deep breath in trying to calm myself. I walk in the school hand in hand with my mum. I've only seen this school once. It's bigger than my old one. It doesn't take long to find the principal's office. We knock and walk in.
"Ah hello Clove" says the principal Mrs Evens
"Hello" I say
"Excited?" She asks
"Absolutely" I lie
"Well we better get you to your class then. I hope you have a nice day" Mrs Evens says
"Oh and Mrs Sevina I'll talk to you when u get back" she says as we leave the office.

As we walk down the corridor I'm more nervous than ever. My mind is buzzing out of control, my stomach is in such a tight not I think I'm going to be sick. We reach the door to which I think is my class. It's 4L. That makes sense I'm in year 4 this year. Mrs Evens lets me open the door. I do it slowly as if I don't want anyone to notice I'm coming in.