Prologue - The Reaping continued - Cato

Clove and I walk to the square hand in hand. We embrace just before we reach the table.
"See u in a little bit" I say
"You to" Clove says
The truth is I'm so nervous. I don't want to die. I want to be a quarry worker.
"Clove" I say "Take this" I hand her a piece of paper.
"Thanks. I'll read it on the train" she says
"Together" I say
"Or not at all" she finishes
The last thing I see is the blood drain from her face as she goes to stand in a group of 16 year olds. I go and stand in a group of 18 years old boys and wait feeling the colour drain from my own face. I look at the strips of paper in the boys bowl 7 of them have Cato Marcus in carful print, not that it matters anyway. I look at the girls bowl 5 of them have Clove Sevina on them.

Right on two the mayor starts to read the history of Panem. It's the same every year about how much we owe the capital. Then Athena Lush our escort comes and dose her signature happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in you favour.
"Ladies first" Athena pipes as she walks over
I find Clove in the group of girls and she finds me. She knows that she must appear strong. I can see she's more scared than ever.
"Alexis Von-Haydes" she says
"I volunteer as tribute!" Clove screams so she can be heard but so she still comes across as sane.
"Do we have anymore volunteers?" Athena asks
"No alright then" Athena says "what's your name then"
"Clove Sevina" she says I try to catch her eye tell her I'll be there soon.
"And now for the boys" Athena says
"Cato Hadly" Athena says
I walk up to the stage and I catch Clove mouth together or not at all. It brings me back to the start. Before clove was the girl with the knives. Before we started training to face our possible death.