Dance (part 2) - Clove

DRESS SHOPPING! By agreeing to go to the dance with Cato I never thought I agreed to go dress shopping. I sigh
"You'll look beautiful" Cato whispers so only I can hear. I roll my eyes.
"Clove let's goooo" they wine
"Coming" I say

We finally get to the mall. Alex and Meg pull me by the hand into a dress shop. They tell me to sit down and wait while they pick out my dress.
"What do you want" Alex asks
"Short and black" I answer and they go to work. When I get a text.
Ca- having fun?
Cl- ha ha very funny 🙄
Ca- poor Clove just know your not the only one the boys are getting suits.
Cl-ha ha have fun. U don't seem like a suit person
Ca-I'm not
Cl-have fun 😝
Ca-🙄
"Try these on" Meg says thrusting a tone of dresses at me
I go into the dressing room and try one dress after dress after dress. Finally I see a dress, it's black with silver details. It's perfect.
"Amazing" Alex gushes when I come out
"That's the dress" Meg agrees
"Now go try on yours" I say this is actually kind of fun
Alex comes out in a deep hot pink/purple dress and Meg found a floor length light blue dress. (Order in the pitot goes Alex on top, Meg left and Clove right.) we go home talking and laughing and having fun.

----------Time Flash------------
*night of the dance* sorry I skipped
We have two hours till the dance at 7 but Meg and Alex say that's not enough time. To make it more fun we're blasting music from my phone and sinning along like the crazy people we are. We had a girl sleepover last night and put on face masks and stuff like that.
"What colour do you want your nails" Meg Squeals
"Black" I answer she sighs and gets to work. Alex is doing her hair first because she's doing mine and Meg's and then Meg is doing our makeup and nails because I'm terrible.

She finishes my nails it took 30 minutes wow. They look really nice though, black with a silver glitter accent nail. Alex started on my hair. She brushed it and then put heat protectant on because she straighten it and put it up into a braided ponytail. My hair is really long so it looks amazing. I check the time it's already 6:15. This is crazy and time consuming. Then Meg did my make up. She didn't put much on just eyeliner and lipgloss. When we are finally to  put our dresses on its 6:40. We all look in the mirror.
"Clove you look amazing" they say
"Cato will love it" Alex say as if reading my mind
"You guys look amazing too" I say
The boys are waiting out side. I walk out and Cato gasps.
"Do I look that bad" I ask
"You look amazing" he answers

We walk down to the training centre. The gym has been replaced by fairy lights tables of drinks and music. We dance, talk and eat, it's amazing until this girl comes up to me.
"Oh hey" she comes up to me at the punch
"Your new right" she asks
"Um yeah 74" I say
"I'm Amelia" she introduces herself
"I'm Clove" I say she seems friendly and she can't be more than a year to 2 years older than me.
"Here's some advice, I've seen the people who win the games. They don't look like you. Your small and they're ginormous. You'll never do it you'll die and stay away from Cato" she says
I just stand there how could she say that?
"Thanks'' I hiss
"Your welcome" and she walks off
I run out of the room and back to the house which is deserted. I run the kitchen and grab a knife similar to my throwing ones. I know what your thinking, no I'm not going to harm myself. At all. It just helps me keep my sanity. I pace in the living room, the tears streaming down my face taking the eyeliner with it. I feel someone's here then I hear foot steps. I have my back turned but I throw the knife from behind like I always do it goes whizzing through the air and then I see who my target was. Cato. My eyes widen in fear, I'm about to scream. I almost never miss with a knife. It lands in the wood next to his head I see a small bit of blood on his ear. He raises his eyebrows.
"Instincts" I shrug
He can tell I've been crying and opens his arms for me. He takes out my ponytail and it falls in a curtain around my face.
"Shh Clove what's wrong" he asks I tell him everything.

__________________________________________________________________________________
How was Cato's near death experience. Love triangle *dramatic music* sorry I'll stop now. I was think of writing a new book. Of all the characters in modern day. Please comment if you want me to do the idea. I might not do it until I finish this book though. Until next time. Bye children