Chapter 12 Unwanted & Unloved

I sighed to myself as I'm stirring the stew in the pot. I decided to make Ayato and I some food since both of my parents went out for tonight. I'm actually happy Ayato and I have the whole house to ourselves.

"What are you cooking?" He asked bitterly as he is looking over my shoulder.

"Stew," I answered, not taking my eyes off of the pot.

Ayato's hands are on my shoulders and I felt him putting pressure on them as he is watching me. I turned my head to see him studying the stew and I couldn't help but laugh.

He's like a small child watching his mother cook.

"What's so funny, Shiori?" Ayato narrowed his eyes at me.

I ruffled his hair and continued to laugh. "You look like a small child right now!"

"Do not touch me!" He snapped and swatted my hand away.

"Owe! Do not be rude to me!" I growled.

He's one of those brat children.

"What's taking so long?" He groaned.

"Food takes a while to cook but of course, you wouldn't know because you have chefs cooking for you." I rolled my eyes.

"Do not mock me," he muttered.

I ruffled his hair again and he glared at me... I began to laugh at him again. When he pouts or gets angry, it's kind of cute...

*~*~*~*~*~*Yours Truly*~*~*~*~*

After dinner, Ayato and I are laying in my bed, looking up at the ceiling. I kept thinking about Lena, Cara, and Zander... I can't believe they were talking about their college plans without telling me. How long have they been planning on going to America?

"Shiori?" Ayato called out my name.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking about my friends, well, they aren't really my friends anymore, I guess..." I muttered.

"Geez, mortals and their stupid issues," he sighed.

"If you didn't want to know why I am mad then you shouldn't have asked!" I growled.

"Chill, you don't need to get all bat-shit crazy on me!" Ayato argued.

I didn't feel like arguing with Ayato anymore so I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I shouldn't be mad that my friends want to leave me, but could they, at least, care about my feelings a little bit?

It's strange how I notice that there are more selfish people in this world and it is very sad.

"Shiori..."

"What Ayato?" I asked in an annoying tone.

Ayato hesitated before speaking. "What did your friends do to you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I snorted.

"Just tell me," he muttered.

"Well, when you were avoiding me, I went to lunch and sat with my friends and they were talking about going to America for college but what really rubbed me the wrong way is that they had this whole thing planned out and they never asked me once to come along or even tell me about it beforehand," I explained.

"Would you want to go to America with them?" He questioned.

"No, but that's not the point... They are leaving me behind and they don't care. They are the only friends I have and they don't even care about me..." I felt my tears well up and I cursed myself for it. Why am I getting so upset over this situation?