One

Your parents often told you that you were far too nice, and too trusting. Honestly though, it was to be expected what with being raised in the countryside of Japan. When you live on a small, comfortable farm for the majority of your life you don't really have the need to be wary of any serious dangers. Yes, you lived happily with your family for many years, tending to the crops and the animals routinely.

Still in your happy life you were incredibly lonely and longed for change. Your mother home schooled you and your siblings, so the only friends you had were the farm animals. Your two older brothers of course grew up and followed the farming tradition. You on the other hand were determined to make something-anything- else of yourself. This resolution was fueled by the city lights that illuminated in the evening. Every night you would sit up from your bed and gaze out your tiny window. Though Tokyo was miles away, you could see the lights shine from your bedroom. They shined with promises of fulfilling your dreams.

So you did research on scholarships, and for three months you threw yourself into books and studied vigorously. You had even, in complete secret from your family, taken an entrance exam. Every day you would wait for the mail for a letter and your feet would be bouncing in anticipation.

It turned out all that hard work and dedication paid off immensely. You had gotten a scholarship to college in the city. A university in Ikebukuro; truly your dream come true.

Nevertheless, your parents were not at all thrilled about you moving to the city. Your father made many attempts to discourage you. He would say how there were too many temptations in the city; drugs and/or sex. You would listen to him rant about how kids in the city always want to get high and party. Then he would rave about how a boy would seduce you, and you would have to throw your life away if you got pregnant. It was both embarrassing and irritating to endure. You felt more sympathetic towards your mother, who most likely did share the same concerns as your father, but she didn't voice them. Instead she would just hold you close at some moment of the day, and say how she was proud of you.

The first month in Ikebukuro was definitely the best of your life. From the second you arrived you had been in awe. Everything was just so magnificent; the tall buildings that seemed to touch the sky, the sea of people that swept the crosswalks, the colorful stores, and the delicious aromas from various restaurants. It had been so overwhelming. Even when you entered your new apartment, which was a run-down dump, you could not help but fall in love with it. It was yours, and you were living in the city and going to college. Oh college! Immediately you made it your mission to meet new people. You participated in many study groups and signed up for any clubs that you could. It had been fascinating to be amongst people your age, and bond with them about ambitions. You were also introduced to fashion, popular music groups, and new movies that you would have never learned about if you were still home. It was going so smoothly that a classmate had even gotten you a job on campus as a cashier in the student store.

Everything was perfect. Then one day it all changed with a single text.
From: UNKNOWN
You forgot your lunch. :(

You blinked, eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. Before school you would pack a small lunch and toss it into your bag. Curious, you proceeded to flip open your backpack and inspect its contents. True to the text you did indeed forget your lunch. Currently, you were sitting in English class the teacher was droning about the due date for essays and slowly you began to look around the room. You anxiously turned to your left, right, back, and front. There were plenty of students that had their cellphones out, so you could not exactly pinpoint a culprit. However, you were sure you made your lunch that morning and as your memory kicked in you vaguely remember leaving it on the counter rather than putting it in your backpack. But how would anyone from class know that?
Disturbed you texted back; Who is this?