Chapter 41

Grayson's POV
"Psst!" April nudged my side. "Gray, are you awake?" She whispered in the dark. "I am now." I groaned, turning to face her. "Oops, sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"Well it's 1:30 AM so whatever you need to say better be important." I rubbed away the sleep from my eyes. I could see her big eyes roaming as she gently bit her lip. "I'm hungry."

"Let's go." I huffed, as I sat up in bed. "What? Go where?" She asked. "I'll get you pizza or something." I say. "No Gray it's so late we can't just leave. What if your parents wake up?"

"April, we're getting married in like 2 months and we usually live in a house that is an hour away, I don't think they would care." April looked at me unsurely. "Okay. You've got a point and I'm hungry."

We both put on roots sweaters since its the peek of morning so it's a little chilly and wore matching Adidas pants. "Stay on your tippy toes." I whispered softly. April started to lowly chuckle as she closed our bedroom door behind her. "What?"

"Tippy toes. Who even saids that?" She looked at me amused as I rolled my eyes but laughed at my choice of words as well. "Be careful." I told her once we reached the stairs, the last thing I need is for her to fall again.

I took her small hand into mine as I led the way down. I seriously feel like a spy. I haven't done this in a while, sneaking out I mean. I used to sneak out every night before April came along. But now she's my partner in crime, but I'm not going to party or hook up with some girl, we're going to buy some pizza.

"We're almost at the door." I looked back, to notify her. But as my face was still turned away from where I was going, I hit my left shin on the leg of a table. "Fuck."

"Grayson, are you okay?" April quickly panicked. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." I shook my head and limped my way to the door. April once again carefully closed the door behind her, and then we were finally outside.

"Are you sure?" She questioned further. I scrunched up my face in pain and took a seat on the first step that lead to my house. "I just need a minute." I breathed.

"Does it hurt here?" April placed her hand over my leg. "A little further up." She moved her hand up higher. "Yep, right there." I nodded. She smoothly rubbed up and down my shin as she took a seat next to me.

"Let's go back. I don't want you driving around if your leg hurts." She tilted her head towards the house. "No way, it took us twenty minutes to sneak out. I ain't sneaking back in." I sassed, and got up. "Now let's go."

We walked in to the pizza place hand in hand. The store was a complete ghost town, but yet again if you think about it only us two are crazy enough to come buy pizza at this hour of the morning.

April and I slipped in to the last booth in the corner and took a seat. "Just cheese pizza right?" I tried remembering what she liked from the last time. "Yeah."

I left the booth to go order. As I walked up to the counter, there was no employee there. "Hello?" I called out. "Anyone there?" Suddenly a boy that looked about my age came out. "Sorry. How can I help you?" He yawned.

"I'd like a medium cheese pizza and two cokes." I ordered. "Anything else?" The blonde boy struggled to keep his eyes open. "No thank you." I dismissed his question. "Your total will be $12.24"

After paying him, I went back to sit with April while our order gets ready. "Sorry I took long, the boy was sleeping." I chuckled. "Oh, I feel so bad for people who work night shifts." She shook her head as she looked out the window. "Same."