Chapter 50

April's POV
"Hi mom." My voice quivered as I took a seat next to her grave. Grayson gently placed the bouquet of flowers on top of her grave, then sat next to me, taking my hand in his. This was the first thing we decided to do before getting ready for the ceremony later on.

"I've missed you." I confessed. "I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier, but you understand right?" It seemed childish to talk to her in this way, but I know she can hear me. I just know. "T-today is the big day. I'm getting married, like you asked."

I swirled my finger around in the dirt of her grave, carving in a heart. "I wish you could be there..." I whispered. "But... you're always with me." I rested my hand on my heart, my tears brimming in my eyes. "In here."

"Grayson treats me right, I love him." I smiled down. "And no, I'm not just saying this because he's sitting right there." I joked. I felt his warm hand reach over and wipe away my tears. I placed my hand over his and caressed it, holding on to the moment.

"I won't disappoint you." Grayson said. "Your daughter is my priority. And I... I love her and cherish her more than anything in this world." A small tear drizzled down his cheek, and his eyes blurred. I kissed away his cry, not wanting anything to ruin this day.

•••••••
"Oh my god... look at you!" Lisa gushed, as soon as she walked in. "Thanks Lisa." I smiled, looking at my reflection in the mirror. "I think it's about time you start calling me... mom." Her words caught my attention, "yeah... yeah that'd be nice."

"If Grayson ever dares to hurt you or force you into anything, just tell me okay?" I nodded at her, "Okay mom." She grinned at the use of her new nickname. "Now you kids go and have fun on your honeymoon, Bali is a beautiful place."

She was about to head out before she stopped dead in her tracks and turned back around, "and um..." she looked a bit uncomfortable. "If say... you were to like... do anything..." oh my god this is so fucking embarrassing. "Just use a condom okay?"

After blurting that out she basically jogged out the door. I mentally face palmed myself, the last thing I needed was that. But in the end there is only Grayson to blame, she knows her son is a horn dog.

"Everything is under control!" Sabrina came rushing in, her long dress dragging behind her. "Guests are starting to arrive, are you done?" I checked myself one last time, "Yup."

"Oh and April..." "hmm?" I wondered. "You know how we said that Grayson's dad would walk you down the aisle..." I looked at her expectantly, "yeah?" "Well there's been a change of plans and Cameron wants to do it."

"Cameron as in your boyfriend?" I made sure, "no Cameron as in your sister-in-law. Of course my boyfriend!" She said the first part sarcastically. "Cameron is like a brother to me so I'm totally fine with that." "Alright, great!" She smiled. "Ready to head down?" She asked. "Y-yes." I said nervously, this is going to be one heck of a day.

••••••
The music was playing and everyone was inside the venue already. My heartbeat started to quicken and I feel like up to this moment I still don't realize that I'm getting married to the love of my life at the age of eighteen. "Stunning." Cameron commented, snaking his hand around mine. "Thanks."

"Now if that little sneaky asshole tries anything on you, just let me know okay?" I giggled at him, "Aren't you his best man?" I asked. "Yes, but I'm basically your brother so I have to protect you." He grinned at me, his million dollar smile revealed, "and I know how Grayson gets sometimes."

"Now let's go get you married Ms.Evendale." Cameron said, looking straight ahead, "bet that would be the last time you hear someone call you that." He winked, and before I knew it we started walking.