Little Vampire

dedicated to Laurenrulez because I love how she comments on the obvious yet, manages to make the situation more dramatic :)

---------------------------------

When we had reached the woods and Zane had finally decided to stop walking. It was Smack bang in the middle of the woods, there were more trees here then there was anywhere else in the woods, but I think that's why Zane chose it.

"W-what are we doing here?" Nathan mumbled, looking around and jumping every time he heard a owl's hoot.

"Nathan, your old enough to have seen movies and read books, what do you think you know about Vampires?" Zane asked, trying to make the situation easier.

"Vampires can only come out a night..." Nathan answered, unsure on what Zane was aking this for, I was unsure on why Zane was asking that, becasue half the things in movies are made up.

"Yeah...That's not true, you can go out whenever you want, the sun doesn't do anything apart from weaken your powers a bit..." Zane started

"I have powers!" Nathan exclamined more of a statement than a question.

"Yep!" I told him, smiling. Nathan wanted to run, I knew he did, but he didn't which made me wonder if he was really accepting this, i'm two years older than him and I physcially and mentally freaked out when I found out I was a vampire, well I say two years older, I mean In human years.

"Nathan, watch this!" Zane exclaimed, trying to cheer Nathan up a bit. He turned to the nearest tree and with no effort at all punched it. The tree cracked and as it fell, in my direction. I caught it with one hand, the leafs fluttering to the ground. I was lighter than I had anticipated.

"Careful!" I moaned, throwing the tree behind me, I wiped my hands together and smiled at Nathan. Nathan's face certainly wasn't the one me or Zane was expecting because, Nathan quickly stood up and ran.

"Way to be subtle Zane!" I mocked, I saw Nathan disappear, shit, he could be anywhere in the woods now, he can't go very fast he hasn't eaten, yet he was still a a vampire so he could run fast. I immediately ran after him, scowering the woods for him, I wasn't going to get in even more trouble, because some little Vampire ran amock in the world. I heard Zane follow behind, he turned in a different direction to look.

I caught sight of a blur behind the tree next to me, I turned and appeared I saw Nathan crying on his knees. I walked behind him at human pace, I could smell blood, that wasn't a good sign. As I went to reached for Nathan's shoulder, he spun around and hissed, blood ran down his chin and dripped onto the grass below him, when he realised it was me, he stopped and actually hugged me, I looked over his shoulder and saw a woman, bite marks covered her neck, he obviously struggled to find the main vein that gave out the most blood.

"I-I-I killed her Summer, I-I-I...." He weeped, I looked over to the woman, her eyes were still open.

"It's not your fault, If it makes you feel any better when I found out I was a Vampire, I went on a killing spree..." I said casually, pulling away from the boy, he smiled and gave a small chuckle.

"Summer, I killed my own mom..." he said in his all american accent. My eyes widened.

"She was your mum!" I gasped. He nodded and burst into a wave of tears, soon enough Zane was here and when he saw the body, he gave a small smile relieved that he wouldn't have to break the news to him because he did it himself.

"Come on we'll take you to the palace." Zane said, putting his hand on the boys back and nudging him forward, he looked back at his mum and faced the floor. He sniffled and took a deep breath.