Four

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

I open my eyes slowly, the light entering the room too bright for this time of the day. I cover my eyes with the covers and hear a muffled whisper next to me.

Who in the brightest heck is sleeping next to me?

That's when I notice that there's an arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to a very warm chest. I sigh, not really wanting to leave the safety of these arms.

"Time to wake up, Lou."

"No...." I bury my head on the person's chest and smell grass and a hint of coffee. It's very familiar and it brings a smile to my face.

"What are you smiling about?" The person plays with my hair and I giggle, not wanting to open my eyes.

"Nothing."

"Come on, we have to leave."

"No..." I slap the person's hand away and turn around, my back now turned to this guy.

Wait a second.

Wait a second!

Wait a flipping year! Why am I in bed with a guy?

I quickly open my eyes and survey the room I'm in. There's nothing special about it, just a bedside table, a bed, a small wardrobe and a door I believe leads to a corridor. I then proceed to check my clothes, which are still on my body. Thank you, Mother Nature!

When I decide to look down at the guy next next to me, I hold my breath and close my left eye, too scared to look.

"Morning." Isaac smiles mischievously at me.

"What am I doing here?!" I ask a little too loud and he freezes.

"Be quiet! My father can't know you're here. He would probably lock-" He stops talking with a pained expression on his face and hides it with a forced smile. "Let's get you out of here before we get in trouble."

I have a feeling I wouldn't be the one getting in trouble if his father saw us. What is he hiding? Why isn't he telling me what's worrying him so much? But who am I to judge, right? I've been carrying this dead weight since last night, when I saw Derek...

Let's stop.

"Fine. What day is today?" I ask groggily.

"Friday."

"So we have to go to school?"

"Unfortunately." He rubs my arms as I get up and he asks, a sudden blush appearing on his cheeks. "We didn't do anything. You fell asleep on Boyd's car and I brought you in and-"