Sixteen

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

"Who are these people?"

I yank the photo book out of Scott's hands. I have been staring at a picture of Edward, Fiona I during my first year of high school.

"You miss them, don't you?"

"Yeah..." I smile dreamily, the memories of our endless times together. "Fi is a year older than me, but she's dumb and was forced to stay behind. Her brother, Edward... He was the first guy I've ever loved."

"And by what u see, you still like him." I send him a glare. "Let me explain... You should have seen the way you looked at that picture of the two of you."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You're shutting us down." Scott says before leaving my room. "Just- we're here for you. Remember that."

The room is quiet after Scott's departure. I believe he left to meet Allison and Stiles. I'm not in the mood to have a slumber party with my friends. I'm more into the 'stay at home and have fun by yourself' motto.

There's a knock on my window and I raise my eyebrows. It can't be Scott.

"Who's there?" I ask calmly. If the person is at my window- which I must say is located on the second floor- whoever it is has to be some kind of supernatural creature.

There are no crazy people who like to climb houses and knock on innocent girls' windows.

"Derek. Let me in."

I really don't want to open the window, but if he left the safety of his hiding spot- wherever it is- it's because he need something. I just haven't decided if that's good or bad.

"What do you want?" I ask coldly as I open the window and he steps inside, claiming a spot on my bed.

Cocky bastard.

"I'm here to make a deal."

I raise my eyebrows at him and wait for his proposal. I have the frightening feeling I'm not going to like it.

"You tell Scott to stay out of my way and we won't hurt any of you."

He can't be serious. Is he serious? I laugh in his face as I watch his checks pale.

"I'm not that stupid, Derek. I know the only thing you want is power." I lean forward and face him. "You can go and talk about how hurt you are with Isaac. Or someone who cares."