Eighteen

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

"Is this Louisa?"

I hold my breath before answering. The person on the other side of the phone sighs tiredly at me.

"I know this is you, Lou." He whispers softly.

Now it's my time to sigh. But mine is in pure content after hearing his voice. It has been so long. I'm tempted to say no, hang up and block his number.

But the heart wants what it wants, right?

"It's me." I say slowly, pacing around my room. The tiny lights above my bed twinkle as I walk.

"I knew it." Edward's laugh fills my ear and I shudder. How I missed that sound. "My sister told me you called."

"Yeah..." I bite my lip as a smile finds its way to my mouth. I haven't heard his voice in months.

"How are you?"

"A lot has happened in the past few months." I chuckle darkly. If only he knew. "But I'm alright. What about you?"

"I'm alright." His soft British accent masks his words. I know him to well not to believe his words.

I cough to show him I didn't fall for his words and he sighs. We both have been doing this a lot since our conversation started.

"It could be better. If you were here."

My heart stops. Now it's my turn to sigh. I don't answer, nervous about the entire conversation we're having. His is nerve wracking.

"I want to see you." He finishes. "I miss you. My sister misses you."

Remembering the times Fiona, Edward and I spent hanging out on my bedroom back in London brings tears to my eyes. I can't do this.

"Edward..."

"I missed your voice... So much." He confesses. "Just tell me where you are and I'll run to you. I'm sorry for what I did to you... I need you."

"Edward, don't. We broke up for a reason-"

"A stupid reason, Lou." He says, raising his voice. "I lov-"

I hang up before he can finish. Taking a deep breath I throw my cold body into the warm bed, sobbing silently. He can't be serious, after everything that happened back in London... He can't be serious, he has to be joking.