Ten

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

"Are you ready?"

I look up from my phone. Classes are over for the day, and Isaac and I will be going on a date tonight. It's going to be amazing; just the fact he's talking to me again is good.

"Yep." I smile at him.

It has been a while since we talked. After the texts we exchanged, Isaac apologized, I apologized and we decided to leave all our problems behind and have fun together.

It still feels weird not telling him about my powers. But it's easier this way, I can protect him from the evil side of the supernatural world. And if you're wondering, the dark and evil side of our word is made of people like Peter and Derek Hale. I don't think I will ever trust Derek again.

"There you go again, spacing out on me." Isaac nudges my shoulder with his and smiles. But it doesn't reach his eyes. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine."

"Doesn't seem like it. Want to talk about it?"

I ponder on my options. It's not like I can tell him about my world. He would be in danger and I would have to worry about his safety too. Apart from Scott, all our friends are human. And another person to protect is just too much.

"Where are we going now?"

"I hope you don't mind... But we're going to play a game. My dad is going to be late today and probably get home extra drunk. He won't even mind."

His words worry me. Is he really that relaxed about his dad coming home drunk? Is he okay with the beatings? The answer to all my questions is no.

"And what's the game about?"

"You'll see. But we need a car. And I don't have a car." He looks at me from the corner of his eye as we walk to his bike. "So we will use my baby."

"Your baby?" I give a fake sob. "What about me?"

"My other baby." He mocks me and kisses the top of my head. "Lets go. I have the perfect evening planned out for us."

"Lead the way, captain." Ignoring the fact he just snorted at my fake British accent, I claim behind him on his wonderful bike.

And by wonderful I mean old and rusty. But he's trying, for me, so I can't complain.

"Can you please tell me what you want to do?" I bat my eyelashes at him but he only smiles mischievously.