Seventeen

Louisa Lloyd

Louisa Lloyd

My side still hurts. According to Deaton, it will take a few days to heal, being a wound inflicted by an Alpha.

I want to kill Derek.

"Why can't I go?" I protest as Scott puts his coat on and sits by my side on the bed to tie his shoes.

"Because you're still weak."

I smack his arm and he flinches. "Weak my ass."

"Don't hit me." Scott raises his arms in defeat. "I'm sorry, okay? Is that better for you?"

"No." I shake my head and cross my arms in front of my chest. "I want to go."

"Just- stay here. You can always watch a movie or sleep."

"I'm tired of sleeping. I have watched the entire Hannah Montana series and I'm tired!" I raise my voice. "This is not what I want to do right now, I want to go out and have fun!"

"Lou..." Scott kneels by my bed and grabs my hands. "I saw Derek hurt you. I don't want that to happen again. So please do me a favor and stay out of trouble until you're fully recovered."

I nod, tears prickling my eyes as I rub them wig my warm hands. I don't like crying.

"It's okay. I can see how this is hard for you, but understand that we all want you to be okay."

"I get it. I just- I don't like feeling weak."

"You're not." He kisses my forehead and gets ready to leave. "You're the strongest person I've ever met."

I smile sheepishly and let his hands go. He looks back at me as he opens the door, his eyes sparkling with worry.

"I'll be fine." I assure him, and smile. "Go on, have fun. I'll just stay here, probably gonna call Fiona again."

He nods and makes me promise to call him as soon as I finish my call with Fiona.

I know he wouldn't leave if I hadn't said these words to him.

But before I can lay back down and wait for my dear friend to come back home, he enters my room with a small mug in his hands. He smiles from cheek to cheek and lands one last kiss on my forehead before handing me the warm mug.

"This may help you fall asleep."

"How thankful." I mock him and raise the mug in the air as a greeting. "You just want me to sleep while you go and make babies with Allison."