Chapter 4

A smile crept over Rosaerys face as she watched Doran, before walking over. "Thank you." She said, honesty lacing her words as she kissed both of his cheeks. "Thank you so much."

It felt like she had made her first big move in terms of politics, and the sense of responsibility washed over her like a tonne of bricks. Was she truly doing the right thing? Was she made to be Queen?

"I don't know how to thank you both, you are doing so much for me." Tears began to well but she wiped them clean.

"Think of it as an apology for our behaviour, Elia's death hasn't been easy on any of us." Doran began. "Even you must be able to understand that."

"Of course I do; she was my mother, despite not ever giving birth to me. I loved her." They sat for a moment, just a moment, the sadness over her death still reigning true even to this day.

Elia Martell was just that kind of person; she was loved throughout Dorne, and to those who stayed loyal to the Targaryens; yet they only remembered Rhaegar and his actions with Lyanna. Rose closed her eyes, she could trace every outline on her face. The large almond eyes, as dark as Oberyn's; hair waving, with millions of shades of black and brown in each strand; her face heart shaped, with jutting cheekbones; her lips plump and forever smiling.

Rosaerys pushed it away, letting her attention drift back to the conversation at hand.

"Let's discuss something else shall we? How many soldiers do you want?" The brashness of his question was uncommon to Rosaerys, yet she came prepared.

With her voice strong, she spoke. "As many as you will allow; I will not force your men, nor the numbers that you have. I want you to secure Dorne before lending soldiers; because if Dorne falls, the Targaryens will fall."

"Dorne is willing to give 50,000 men to this cause, if you are ready to accept." Rosaerys had to hold everything in her to stop from her jaw dropping. 50,000 was more men than she was expecting, although it wouldn't be enough to start the rebellion now; it was enough.

"I-I-I don't know what to say, are you sure you want to give that many trained soldiers over?" Doran nodded, his eyes still holding a pool of sadness.

"Yes, we have over 100,000 men here in Dorne, it is only fair that the betrothed of the Prince of Dorne, receives some of those." Rosaerys blushed as his sincere words, her eyes drifting over to Oberyn who seemed passive, almost reserved; his dark eyes remained glued to the floor.

"Thank you, Prince Doran. Really." He nodded.

Doran motioned for his bodyguard, who gripped onto his chair and began to push. "In terms of marriage, for this amount of men; I expect you to be married within the end of the year, no later. That'll be all."

The door slammed shut, leaving the two remaining in silence. The tension was almost tangible, Oberyn clearing his throat.

The end of the year, it only had a few moons to go. Four to be exact. Bile rushed to her throat but she swallowed it down, quickly rushing from her seat to the closest window. The sigh that slipped from her lips was like that of bliss, cooling the sweat that began to raise on her brow. Four moons wouldn't be enough time to begin to even know anything about a friend, let alone be expected to marry them.