New Wolves

Chapter 1

Adriana wakes up from being shaken by a soft hand. A low growl immediately escaped from her lips. Shooting her eyes open, Adriana bolts up. Glaring angry eyes at whoever woke her up. Her eyes changed from bright brown to pitch black.

But she quickly calms down when she sees it was just her stepmother, Judy. Adriana saw how frightened and stunned Judy looked as she stared at her. Her eyes change back to brown before Judy could catch a tiny glimpse of her eyes.

"Sorry, Judy. I didn't mean to growl at you, it's just a habit if someone wakes me up." Adriana mumbled as she gets out of bed. She runs her long fingers through her bed head. Feeling her fingers break knots.

She looks back at her stepmother and sees that Judy was smiling. "It's alright, I was like that when I was your age." said Judy with a happy gaze. But Adriana didn't sincerely like the happiness in her stepmother's scent. The smell irked her nostrils very much.

"It's time for school, I just came up to get you."

Judy gives Adriana a smile before walking out of her bedroom. Adriana watches as her stepmother leaves her room. Judy's calm aura flaring to Adriana.

Silently growling, Adriana rolls off her bed. She plants her feet on the ground before she could hit the ground. Adriana straightens up and stretches out her arms. Feeling her arms and spin crack. The feeling of muscles pop made Adriana groan.

Adriana walks to her poster covered closet. Which was full of goth, and metal bands.

Grabbing the knobs, Adriana opens her closet. Exposing her to all black clothing. Adriana reaches forward and grabs a pair of black, ripped jeans and a long sleeved, fishnet shirt. Then she quickly strips out of her pajamas to her day clothing.

Done changing in three minutes, Adriana turns around and walks toward her drawer. She grabs a pair of fingerless gloves that were on her drawer. Quickly placing her gloves on, Adriana turns around and walks out of her room. Snatching her black, combat boots while she walks out.

Adriana hops on one foot as she puts her left boot on. Then did the same with the other.

She gets to the staircase but didn't go down the staircase. Instead she jumps over the railing, and landing perfectly on her feet. Only making a light "thump" when she landed. Adriana stands up and walks to the kitchen. The scent of a freshly made breakfast drifted to her nostrils. A tiny smile twitched to her lips, making her look a smiling, yet irritated girl.

Adriana enters the kitchen with a groggy look. She yawns as she enters and feels her fangs sharpen. Quickly covering her mouth, Adriana looks up. Seeing Judy was busy packing her lunch. Not noticing her clam up. Adriana watches as how Judy packed her lunch. She stares at how Judy looked, suddenly feeling an odd sensation in her stomach.

"Ah there you are, Adriana! I have just finished packing your lunch. Oh and your father is on a business trip so he won't be back for a week."

Mentally smiling at the last thing Judy said, Adriana nods. She walks to the kitchen counter and snatches a banana. Beginning to eat it, Adriana reaches and grabs her lunch. Adriana stuffs her lunch inside her bag with one hand. Easily finishing what she had to do in a minute.

She sits down on the table instead of in a chair. Crossing her legs, Adriana settles down. Finishing her banana, she aims the banana peel toward the trash can. Adriana aims and throws the peel high into the air. Having it enter the trash can perfectly. It earned a laugh from her.

"Adriana, promise me that you won't get into any trouble when you return. You've been suspended for two weeks and I don't want you in anymore trouble." Judy said worriedly. Adriana held her growl and urge to glare at her stepmother. She just shrugs and nods at her. "I promise I'll try my best, Judy." she said annoyed. Judy gave an upset frown toward Adriana for an odd reason. "I would really love it if you'd call me mother, sense I married your father."