Caesar's Death

Chapter 24

Adriana felt fear burn deep inside her as the cool blade touched her throat. Right on the jugular. Tears were falling down her cheeks. Never has she felt true terror.

The blade put more pressure enough to have her gasp for air.

Ario let out an evil laugh as he heard her gasping for air. He looks down at her and gave her a sneerful look. His eyes showing coldness and darkness. Adriana glared her best as she cried.

She opens her mouth to howl. Wanting the pack here to help her.

'Ario is just trying get Caesar here! Remember they are enemies! He wants you to howl!' shouted Beast.

Mentally nodding and agreeing. Adriana held a straight face as she stood there. Her tears stopped falling and now were drying on her pale cheeks. She takes in a deep breath. The fearful feeling slowly faded.

"You. . .wont win. No matter what you do!" Adriana said as best as she could. She shot her eyes to the corner of her eyes. Looking at Ario. Seeing how he stared down at her.

His eyes showed anger and something else that Adriana couldn't make out. She tries to resist and get out. But ends up wincing when pressure is applied deeper. Adriana bites her lip hard to not scream. Beginning to feel blood run down her chin.

"I will kill Caesar. You can't stop me." Ario said bitterly. He shows a sneering smile. Looking as if he won.

Instead of crying or trying to resist. Adriana closes her eyes and let's every worry fade. She feels pressure and everything that bothered her fade. Feeling relieved.

Suddenly her knees buckled. Adriana felt her world go black. She falls and allows the blade to sink into her neck by accident.

**********************************

Adriana wakes to the sound of angry roars. She bolts up but cries out once she feels her neck shoot pain through her. Feeling her neck, touching slightly dried blood. Adriana could barely crane her neck to the side without hurting herself.

She looks ahead of her and finds the most largest wolf she has ever seen. Battling Ario.

The smell of the wolf gave away its identity. It was Caesar.

He succeeded in sinking his fangs into Ario's shoulder. Having tons of blood fountain out of his wound. Staining Caesar's white fur. Adriana couldn't believe how powerful Caesar really was. She couldn't help but gawk as he fought.

Quickly, she began to slowly stand. Slightly shaking as she stood. Feeling her legs felt like lead. Her legs shook like a willow tree as she tried to stand. Adriana looks up and finds Ario on top of Caesar. He held a knife in his hand and was about to stab Caesar.

"NO!" Both Adriana and her Beast side shriek.

Adriana ignores all pain inside her and became blind by rage. She breaks out running and hurled herself at Ario. Watching how stunned he now looked. "YOURE ALIVE!" Ario shouted stunned.

Instead of answering Adriana transformed into a large, black wolf. Growling as she shifted. Her teeth much longer and sharper. As were her claws.

Pouncing high into the air, Adrians rains down at Ario. Too fast for him to even try and duck. She grabs him by the throat and threw Ario off of Caesar. Throwing across the field and into several trees.

She turns around and hurries to Caesar's side. Helping him up by nudging him. Adriana watched as Caesar slowly stood. His legs were wobbly from the loss of blood.

"Oh my god! Caesar, I'm so sorry!" Adriana couldn't stop herself from crying. Feeling so many tears rain down her face. Caesar reached up and grabs Adriana's shoulder. Using her body for support. "Don't be. . .I've had worse wounds." Caesar said in between coughs.

He stood up straight and faced Ario. Who was now swaying side to side by the hit. Ario turned and glared at Adriana. She just snarled at him. No longer afraid.

"I want to know how you survived! You fell and the blade sank into your neck!" Ario shouted. He takes out the blade that was stained in her blood. Adriana didn't know how to answer. She didn't even know how she survived herself. "To tell the truth I have no idea." Adriana admits.

Growling, Ario slowly walked toward them. He readies his knife. His eyes glowing blood red. "Get ready to die!" Ario shouts as he now runs.

Adriana runs straight at him. Her human form shifting back.

Ario suddenly throws his blade at her. Quickly, Adriana ducks. The blade missing her by a hair length. She stood back up and was about to attack again. But she saw Ario smirking.

Suddenly, blood lifts into her nostrils. Turning around, Adriana practically screams. Seeing Caesar now laying on the ground with the blade sticking out of his chest. Adriana ignores Ario and runs to Caesar. Her heart shattering as she ran.

Taking form of a human. Adriana got down on her knees and held Caesar close to her body. Drawing the blade out of his chest. Her hand shook as she held the blade. Adriana drops the blade at her side and held Caesar close. Tears running down her face.

"C-Caesar! I-I'm so sorry!" Adriana wailed. She cried on her fatherly figure. Feeling his life fade in her arms. Knowing nothing to save him.