Betraying Kiss

Chapter 22

Adriana stared shocked at Slade. He laid there in front of her. While she now laid down and had her body propped with her arms. Keeping her from falling flat on her back.

The two continued to have a staring contest. Both not daring to break eye contact.

"What do you want? Revenge?" Adriana asked both confused and sneerful. She slowly tried to stand back up but Slade pushed her down. Having her hit the cave floor hard. The wind was completely knocked out of her.

She gasped in shock by Slade's burst of strength. Completely startled by how strong he was. She stares at Slade in horror. Thinking that this maybe the end for her.

"I'm not here to get revenge. I hated Lush, he was too protective." Slade said truthfully. Adriana's eyes widened in shock. Then she says,"Then why are you here?! This is wolf territory!" Her eyes flashed yellow as she said the last sentence. Instead of looking frightened Slade just looked calm. Adriana stares at the scar that she had given him. Seeing how it was bright red.

Adriana looks at Slade's pink eyes. But they were changing to normal color. Not his human color. Instead it was green.

Suddenly, Slade bent forward and kissed Adriana! She laid there with widen eyes. Adriana could no longer move. She just laid there while Slade kissed her.

Backing away from Adriana. Slade stared at her and smiled.

"I'm no longer a Reaver."

Adriana's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. Not believing his words. She slowly moved forward to look closely at Slade. "How? And why did you kiss me!?" Adriana said freaked out. Slade couldn't help but laugh at how she spoke.

He leaned in closer to her face. As if he may kiss her again. But Adriana struck him hard in the neck. Hitting him at a nerve point. Slade let out a grunt of pain once she hit him. Except he didn't back away. Not did he get paralyzed.

"I kissed you because if a Reaver and a wolf kiss, it breaks the deal I was given when I became a Reaver. But it doesn't mean my magic will disappear."

Adriana was confused at his words. Sense she has never heard of a Reaver she was confused.

"Why does Ario hate wolves? And why would he create Cursed creatures!?" Adriana jumps and tackles Slade to the ground. Having him fall bellow her and make him look at her. Slade let out a startled gasp from being tackled down. He stared at Adriana's yellow eyes with his now pink eyes. The two stared at one another, both only hearing their breathing.

Grabbing his chin, Adriana made Slade look at her. Exposing her fangs as she growled. "Tell me now!" she demanded. Slade winced once she raised her voice. Adriana reached up and grabbed his throat. Threatening to squeeze his windpipe till it closes completely.

"He told me that if he creates Cursed creatures then he doesn't need to kill his enemies himself! The creatures inside were suppose to have a mind of themselves and kill any wolf! But somehow you and your Beast is completely different! With your power you may possibly be able to free yourself and become like any normal wolf or human!"

Adriana became quiet as she heard the words.

'I-Is this true!?'

'Yes it is, you just kill the ones who deserve it. You fought me as we found wolves in the passed. So we both became one, never kill unless the people deserve!'

Her Beast's words replayed in Adriana's mind. Realization struck Adriana's mind as she realized everything. Why she would only attack for defense. And why she killed the ones who sinned in their passed lives.

Adriana let's out a cheer and then gives Slade a quick peck on the lips. "THANK YOU!" she said happily as she hugged him. Almost hard enough to break his ribs with her strength.

"Can't breathe!" Slade gasped out. He wiggled his arms around, trying to break free. Adriana let go of him and laughed. She jumps into the air. Nearly hitting the cave ceiling.

Once she let go Slade took a deep breath of air. He was suddenly grabbed by the arm and lifted in the air. Having him gasp in shock. Then he was enveloped in a strong hug once again. This time softer.

"Thank you." Adriana whispered happily into his ear. She let go and smiled again at Slade. Seeing he was now smiling at her. "It's no problem, and thank you for freeing me. But I can't go back to my family. They'll know so I don't have a home." Slade said sadly.

His words wiped the smile off Adriana's face. She stared at Slade in pity. Beginning to think hard. Adriana looked out at the ravine. Being deep in thought.

Turning to look at Slade. Adriana gave him a smile. "You can stay with me. My stepmother won't mind, my father will be another story." Adriana said while Slade's jaw dropped.