Chapter 9

I woke up again still sprawled across the floor. I managed to drag myself up and into the shower, I sat down and hugged my knees to my chest and let the water fall on to me, my legs were covered in bruises as was my torso, I had a burst lip and a bruised cheek. Great. I heard my phone ringing from the living room but I just left it to ring. I brought my duvet through to the sofa and curled up to watch some movies on Netflix. I didn't want this part of my life to return, I thought I had left it all behind but I guess not. My phone kept ringing but I was in no mood to answer it but before long there was a knock at the door. I lay on the sofa motionless hoping whoever it was would eventually leave "Alex I know you're in there, open the door" Beau was shouting through the door so I pulled myself up and opened the door immedietly turning away and going back to the sofa "Are you ok?" His face showed concern as he closed the door again and followed me over. I just nodded and sat down again trying to hide my face so he wouldn't see the marks "What are you doing here?" He took a seat on the chair opposite and sighed "You wouldn't answer your phone and Luke was worried that he did something wrong so I told him I would come and check on you" It was quite cute how he worried but I didn't need anyone to look after me. I was fine by myself before this gorgeous boy showed up obviously aggrivating Sam into hiring 2 douchebags to "sort things out" I'm such an idiot. "Well I'm fine so I guess you can go" He kneeled in front of me so our faces were level, his eyes searched mine as he started to pull down the duvet, I didn't have it in me to stop him and his face twisted in confusion "What happened?" I quickly pulled up my duvet again but he ripped it off to reveal my bare legs "What the f*ck happened?!" I tried to grab my duvet back but he stood in front of me so I couldn't go anywhere "It's nothing! I just fell down the stairs!" He scoffed and looked around "What stairs?" Good one Alex "The ones...um...out there?" This is a disaster "Who did this to you?!" I can't keep it hidden. I might aswell just tell him "I don't know" His eyebrows were furrowed and his fists were clenched "What do you mean you don't know?!" I stood up trying to seem tall but failing miserably and just flopped back down and rested my head in my hands "I mean I know who sent them but I don't know who actually did this" Tears threatened to spill but I swallowed them down "Was it that Sam guy? He's going to-" I jumped up and held his arms trying to calm him down "You're not going to do anything, none of you are, this has nothing to do with you are anyone else okay?" His breathing slowed down and he just watched my face bringing his hand up he rubbed his thumb along my cheek bone, he leaned in and I quickly turned to the side as his lips met my cheek I looked down and when I looked back up he had calmed down but the guilt was there "I'll just go then" He started walking to the door "Beau, don't tell Luke. Please? Just tell him I had the flu or something but not to come over for a few days because it's contagious" "I can't lie to him!" "Please, just this once" He didn't say anything instead he walked out slamming the door behind him. I threw myself back and ran my hands through my hair wishing to just start my life over.

This is a REALLY short chapter but it's better than nothing :)