FAILIURE...

"But Sier, it's a perfect plan!" Sierra groaned. "Nick, you don't understand!" Nick raised his eyebrows. "What don't I understand?" He asked softly. A look of extreme fear crossed her face. But it was gone in an instant. "I won't agree to this unless the child remains in the Winter Mansion. I won't!" Nick scowled. "You know that can't happen. There is too much danger of the twins seeing each other." Sierra scowled. "Then we send one twin to my parents." Nick was aghast. "They're too old!" Sierra bristled. "I don't care." Nick frowned. "What will they tell her about her parents?"

"Nothing," Sierra said. "They will be her parents." Nick frowned again. "I don't see...." Sierra smiled. "Mamie Quall is very good at making faces look young. She can do my that to my parents and convince the twin we send away that they are her parents." "But that will mean letting Mamie Quall onto the secret.." Nick faltered "which-" "Is a perfectly good idea. We can trust her," said Sierra. "How do you know?" Nick asked. "Intuition,"Sierra said blandly. "We'll name them Keyara and Kaniara." Just then, Keyara yawned. A tiny, almost invisible snowflake popped out. "That's the one we'll keep," Nick said, indicating to Keyara.

12 HORRIBLE YEARS LATER

"This is the biggest mistake of our lives Sierra," Nick groaned. "What happened?" Sierra asked sympathetically. "She produced a flood in Cape Town. Lily was yelling at me for an hour. Damini was just standing there and grinning which really made me lose it.." The subject of the conversation walked in.

Keyara had nearly white blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes, which currently looked dejected beyond belief. Sierra felt sorry for Keyara. "Come here Key," she said. Keyara scowled. "I can't do anything!" she moaned. "I'm a talentless useless bit of junk!" Sierra frowned. "No you aren't Key." "I am too."

Keyara's blue eyes flashed and went steel cold like her father's. She stalked away but not before showering her mum and dad with hailstones. Nick lazily vanished them away. "I don't see how she can be head,she is kind of talentless," Nick said worriedly. "Nick!" Sierra protested. "That is not fair!" Nick scowled exactly like his daughter. "Look at her! She can only produce hailstones....