A DRY MESS

A minute later, Mamie Quall appeared, the present head of the Council of Seasons, and took her place on the highest chair. She smiled at everyone. "Welcome to the monthly meeting! And Nicholas dear, congratulations on your child, I think it was born today?" Nick smiled nervously. He did not know if Mamie knew what had happened. "Yes Mamie. A healthy girl,"he lied. Mamie Quall smiled, satisfied. "Train her well," she said, before proceeding wit the meeting.

"I understand Winter and Summer are not able to produce the amount of rain required for the planet?" said Mamie Quall. Her face creased up. She was around ten or twelve years older than Sierra but she still looked young. She waved her hand and the screen in the centre of the room lit up. It showed a mortal news channel "And the drought in India continues, slowly killing off everything.." Mamie Quall raised her eyebrows. "Need they exaggerate so much?" she asked,before shutting the screen off. "As you know, The Monsoon Council members revolted against the head Aaron Droplets for unknown reasons and scattered. Aaron made off with the crown and was never seen again. We must find out where they all have got to but Heaven refuses to help. We are stuck..." All the Council heads sighed...Life was starting to go horribly wrong.