AN IDEA

After coming back to the hospital, the full depth of his problem overwhelmed him. The crown would be split, and winter would not be able function like it had before unless....Nick's head began to pound and his heart began to race. It was a horrible idea, but it made such good sense... He walked into the room. Sierra was there, actively waiting to know what had happened at the meeting. Nick waved her questions down. "Serra," he said. "I think it would be best if we sent one twin away....The crown will be far enough from the one we send away and will not split and the season council will not suspect a thing...." Nick was prepared for an outcry but not the cold silence that was unusual for Sierra.

Suddenly- "Nick have you lost your mind? They are our children! We can't just abandon one of them!" Nick scowled. "It's for the good of the planet. We send one to some half mortal winter family and keep the other and train her to be head of the Winter Council well....simple! That saves the crown too!" Sierra was turning red, her fists clenched and- the hailstones hit Nick. "What is wrong with you Nicholas Freeze! Have you lost your your humanity? That is just plain cruel, separating twins! I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CROWN! I CARE ABOUT MY CHILDREN AND YOU SHOULD TOO!"