A CLUE IN A DIAMOND

Now that Gemini has made me explode she is so much nicer. I can really see why Mamie Quall chose her. She is smart, funny, resourceful, kind and basically everything a perfect human being should be. I grin at one of her jokes. By the time mum calls us down for dinner we're laughing and chatting like old friends. Mum and Dad look surprised to see me and Gemini on such good terms. I smile at them. They're too taken aback to smile back.

The ravioli is fantastic as usual. Plump, soft and spinach filled. Mamie has really outdone herself this time! After dinner, Mum, Dad and Mamie go into the living room to talk. And they won't be done talking for another two hours at least. Woo hoo! Extra playtime! Gemini suggests we play a quiet board game. I say yes. I could barely stagger up the stairs, I was so full. So active games are out. She leads me to Mamie's closet, saying something about a Monopoly set. I follow. She opens the doors and I spot a large red box, with "Monopoly:the original business game" emblazoned on it with gold letters. A purple box sits above it. Gemini tries to carefully pull the monopoly box down but suddenly - CRASH! The purple box comes tumbling down.

Its hinges swing open. 

Woaaaaah. 

That thing is pretty. It's like a headdress, with long blue strings that have bevelled crystals on them, all ending in a hairnet like thing. I want to touch it. Gemini slaps my hand away. 

"That's a Monsoon Council Headdress that is. Only the rich Monsoon women would wear them. I did not know Mamie collected Season Headdresses!"

"Yeah well," I say, feeling a mite bit uncomfortable. We'd best put it back, don't you think?" 

There's a sudden clicking noise.

I turn around-   and scream. An evil leering face is pressed against the window. Gemini screams too. The window slides open. A figure clad in black slides in and holds out a silver dagger..with the Monsoon Council symbol on it, an ornate M with a droplet carved on it. 

Uh Oh.

The Monsoon rebels.

The figure hisses. "My friends call me Bullseye Bill. I never miss my target. Open your mouths, girlies, and I'll show you why I'm called that."

Double Uh Oh.

Someone should be coming upstairs now, Gemini and I screamed so loudly! I hear noises on the stairway. Bullseye Bill grabs mine and Gemini's hands. We're spinning in large circles, no ,no please, and we vanish.

Can I panic now? We've just been kidnapped by Monsoon rebels!  These are the old Monsoon Council members who rebelled against Aaron Droplets for running away from the Monsoon Council! They are capable of murder!  Gemini's long hair whips my face and a silver glint is spinning around which I can only take to be Bullseye's dagger.

Triple Uh Oh.

We land. Many pairs of hands grip me. Someone blindfolds me and stuffs cotton into my mouth. I struggle feebly. I hear a groan of pain nearby. Probably Gemini landing a well placed kick. We're overcome by numbers and blindfolds and after a while the night is silent again. Whatever these people are doing can't be for innocent reasons. 

We have to get out and get out fast.