MAYBE NOT SUCH A BRAT AFTER ALL..

I'm cold! I run into Mamie's warm house before Gemini can trip me up and send me face first into the snow. Mum still looks really hurt. Mamie Quall keeps muttering to herself and dad looks murderous. Gemini smiles like an angel and trots inside. Mum goes into the kitchen to help with the cooking. Dad plonks himself on the sofa and...no surprise there..scowls. I sigh and follow Gemini upstairs.  Might as well get her teasing over with so I can look forward to Mamie's spectacular Ravioli. Gemini leads me to her room and shuts the door.

"So...." she says.

I brace myself.

"What's up?"

I stare at her suspiciously. "Nothing..."

She goes silent and stares at the wall. Ok miss grumpy, have it your way, I think and pull out my book. It's called The Adventure and its real interesting. I start to read. There's silence for 20 minutes or so then suddenly-

"Why are you being so mean?"

"Er.....what have I done?"

"You're not talking to me. You think I'm silly don't you?"

"Umm not really..."

"Don't lie Keyara Freeze!" She suddenly comes over and slaps me hard on the face. "You dare think I'm silly!"

That's it. 

I ....have.....had...it....with....Gemini Walters.

I feel the anger build up, it's like a flood going to break a dam down. Any second now...i can feel the explosion travelling through me..and ......Zap.

Gemini is sprawled on the ground, a sense of achievement in her eyes. Achievement?! I see sparks crackling on my fingertips. 

Whoah.

Gemini dusts herself off and runs out of the room and downstairs. Presumably to complain.

I'm too happy to care.

The sparks on my fingers have disappeared. Nuts! I hope I can get them back. I imagine myself zapping Gemini again . The sparks reappear. They go after a minute or two. I imagine myself producing lightning over the Burj Khalifa (don't ask me why that popped into my head.) This time the sparks reappear and don't go till 10 minutes later. Wonder why Gemini's not back yet with a horde of angry parents.

A minute later Gemini appears, surprisingly no one with her. I guess no one believed her tale of me producing lightning (which incidentally only Summer Children can do.) 

She smiles at me.

Now what has she got planned?

"I'm sorry. I must have been dreadfully behaved."

She smiles again.

"You were."

"It was for a reason Keyara. Mamie and I have been waiting for this to happen."

"The lightning?"

"Yes."

"I provoked you into unlocking this power. Mamie knew this would happen."

"How does she know?"

"Never you mind."

"Why is this happening?"

"I don't know. But Keyara?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise never to tell your parents this."

I agree. The Winter heads might not appreciate anyone who is....different.