ESCAPE!! OR NOT....

PS...Back to past tense third person..I really ain't much of a 'I was like' and 'I'm doing' gal.

The plan was terrible. In fact, it was so absolutely idiotic that it had a chance of working. Keyara quickly tapped back to Gemini. 'Will try'. In her cell, Gemini smiled a secret smile. She knew more about Keyara than that young lady knew about herself. Keyara concentrated on all the times she had summoned jets of water from nowhere. It came quite naturally to her, but the thing she was about to do was sheer madness. She pointed her hands towards the skylight on the ceiling. It let in a bit of evening light. Keyara could see a faint patch of blue, which she took to be the sky. The skylight was quite big, really grimy and 30 feet above her. She suddenly felt scared. But she imagined her parents back home, terrified or on the way to rescue her. And the jets came. They smacked agains the skylight.She kept them going for a minute before her arms felt tired.

Crack.

The skylight split open. The glass shattered and fell down. Keyara leapt out of the way and hoped that no one had heard the sound. But alas for such wishes, for a guard burst in, carrying a silver dagger. "Lass," he spat. "You really need to learn not to mess with us." Keyara, who had always imagined herself being snarky and funny in the direst situations, felt tongue tied. Imagining the lightning over the Burj Khalifa, she waited for the sparks to come. They came, golden and crackling. 

Zap.

The guard fell down. Keyara pulled his limp body inside, resisting the urge to scream or throw up. She shut the door and used the guard's body to block the gap in between the door and the floor.She did not want the water escaping. The jets came again. The water came up to her ankles in a minute. 10 more minutes and the water was up till her neck. She did her best back float while letting the water flow with all its might from her hands.She floated, trying to feel calm as she could, as the level of the water rose and she came closer tho the skylight's hole.

A few more feet...She stopped the jets of water.

Gasping,  for she had turned over and been submerged, she pulled herself onto the roof through the hole that used to be the skylight.