The Meeting- 13 years later

Keyara felt slightly nervous when she walked into the meeting hall. She was now 13, and therefore allowed to fully participate in the season council's monthly meeting. She spied a few familiar faces from the crowd seated at the hall in Boston. Damini, who was now 17 years old, was dressed to kill in a yellow tank, black jeans, and 5 inch yellow stilettos.15 year old Lan was looking  as sulky as ever. Amber, who was the only sane one in the head children, was crying her heart out. Keyara remembered Gemini saying something about Amber's mom passing away a few weeks back. It had been a year since Keyara and Gemini had become friends, and a year since Nicholas Freeze had found the ill fated monsoon crown.Just when everyone was beginning to think the monsoon council would never reappear, something extremely strange had happened. Far away from the monsoon rebel headquarters, in Boston, there had been a rainstorm. A 2 day long rainstorm, that lashed at the town no matter how hard Nick had tried to stop it. Something had RAINED in the WINTER COUNCIL headquarters, and Nick was determined to murder the person who did it.

Of course, had he known that the source of the storm was his daughter, he would have thought differently.

Once Keyara had found out who she really was, she had started practicing. And sure enough, now,rainstorms came easier to her than breath. Nick had long ago stopped suspecting that Sierra was from another season council but he was now beginning to think differently. Nick had been receiving weekly updates from Sierra. Kaniara was much the same as Keyara, worthless to the Winter Council.

*********************************************************************************************

Vanity Hailstones sighed. Kaniara Freeze had lived up to her name. She was better than Nicholas himself at creating winter storms.The only thing that consoled her was the fact that Keyara was an out and out monsoon child. Nick hadn't suspected anything yet. Again keyword being YET.