REALISATION

Keyara cried softly. Her parents kept saying everyone had a gift and was special.  But she felt useless. So useless. Maybe she was special because she was the only one without a talent.What was so bad about her?? She could slowly feel a sense of hopelessness welling inside her. What if she couldn't be head of the Winter Council? She would be a failure.

Just then, she felt something. It was like someone had just.....talked to her. In an instance, the feeling was gone. Keyara went desolately to take a shower. It had been a horrible, muddy day, trying to produce snow in a sodden, ice covered field. She switched on the shower. And began to dance. Wash and dance the uselessness away,she thought. Suddenly the shower split open. A torrent of water gushed out. Torrent after torrent. Nicholas had to freeze the shower hole to get it to stop. That sapped half his power. Sierra had watched, with a strange look on her face. It was almost like....wild happiness trying to be controlled. But she saw something else too....fear. She looked at her mom surprised  and stepped forward but stopped dead in her tracks as she saw the look on her father's face. It was unbelievable, anger, disbelief and a mixture of many things she could not decipher and was not sure she wanted to understand.

"Dry yourself off and sit in your room, dinner will be served here.", he said sternly and turned on his heel and walked out. When he was halfway through the corridor he called for Sierra, who gave Keyara a strangled look and followed him.

Keyara felt a surge of defiance. She could produce hailstones, which only experienced Winter Council members could do. She could sap her father of half his energy if she wanted to.For the first time in her life, Keyara felt powerful. For the first time in her life, Keyara did not feel like a complete loser. For the first time in forever...she felt like it was time to do something.